CVS is a Fortune 7 company embarking on a journey of evolving its existing Extra Care program into a world-class personalization and loyalty program. This is a top initiative within the company and we have a team dedicated to recruiting the best talent in the world to help propel us to this goal. The company has already invested in state-of-the-art technology and scaling of our loyalty program, now we are focused on optimizing our customer contact strategy. We are looking for the best and brightest to in our existing Analytics team and help deliver on this initiative.
CVS Health is seeking a Senior Data Engineering – Analytics to further enhance Enterprise Analytics support of the Loyalty and Personalization organization. The Senior Data Engineering will be a hands-on role which will lead the agile team responsible for bringing CVS Health's front store Personalization efforts to life. The ideal candidate should be a dynamic manager who is capable of being hands-on with the data, and has ideally stood up a Personalization Engine (PE) in the past. Candidate should possess a solid foundation in cloud architecture, and are ready to review and enhance the CICD framework. You will lead a cross functional team in technical expertise as well as work cross-functionally in support of the business, analytics and the IT organization.
This position is based out of our Woonsocket, RI office and will report to the Director, Loyalty Execution & Performance Diagnostics within the Enterprise Analytics organization.
• Will lead agile and cross-functional team in developing operational business capabilities for Personalization initiative.
• Manage the development and release of new machine learning applications / pipelines developed by CVS data scientists into a production environment
• Maintain and monitor of existing machine learning applications and pipelines
• Design and direct discreet work streams for junior engineers and developers
• Work with stakeholders to ensure implementation of key business capabilities in personalization engine.
• Take hands-on role, owning and enabling the integration and refinement of processes and tools with existing CICD framework / processes for PE environment.
• Define standard operations and processes for Data Scientist workflow, including standards for interacting with the Personalization Engine environment, naming conventions for Data Science pipeline (workbooks, folders, other files, etc)
• Development of playbooks for data engineering for re-use and scale.
• Own the PE business process and output, ensuring integration within existing CVS data ecosystem.
• Clearly explain to technical and non-technical people the intricacies of the PE architecture, functionality, and capabilities.
• Responsible for providing line of sight to system functionality and gaps where capabilities need to be expanded.
• 5+ years managing enterprise engineering personnel and initiatives
• MCSA – Cloud Platform
• Demonstrate successfully planning and implementation of highly visible corporate infrastructure initiatives, and providing regular updates to upper management.
• 3+ years of partnering across multiple groups in a matrix organization (e.g., Data Sciences, IT, Marketing, etc…) to define and implement an automated Personalization Engine.
• 10+ years proven business experience and technical expertise in data infrastructure roles, with at least 3+ years supporting cloud infrastructure.
• 3+ years supporting Data Science initiatives working with Semi-structured data, SQL, RDBMS, Hadoop and environments on the cloud (e.g., Azure or AWS) as a technical lead.
• 3+ years implementing a data science orchestration layer.
• 3+ years of experience working with machine learning algorithms, building data science platforms leveraging Apache Spark
• 3+ years of experience optimizing data science algorithms for deployment into a production / operational environment to optimize costs and resource usage
• 3+ years of experience deploying machine learning and data science pipelines into production using model management solutions and leveraging CICD solutions (e.g., Jenkins) for automation
• 3+ years of experience configuring cloud platforms and configuring elastic compute environments in a cloud platform
• Familiarity with and understanding of modern machine learning approaches, algorithms, libraries, and processes for feature selection / engineering
• Experience building containerized applications and deploying those applications using solutions like Kubernetes
• Experience with Azure Databricks
• 5+ years of experience with implementing a fully productionalized Data Science solution in Azure.
• MCSE – Cloud Platform and Infrastructure / MCSD – Azure Solutions Architect
• 1+ years of experience implementing Databricks
• Databricks – Apache Spark Certified Developer
• 3+ years of programming experience in Spark/R /Scala and Python
• Deep Understanding of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence infrastructure and accompanying best practices.
• 5+ years of experience implementing and supporting CRM, ESP, marketing cloud, or other personalization technology experience (e.g., Teradata, IBM Unica, Adobe, Dunnhumby, Oracle, Datalogix)
• Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present complex information in a concise and compelling manner
• Experience with loyalty programs and Retail
Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (e.g., information systems, computer science, engineering)
• Technical Master's degree, or Engineering Management degree preferred
CVS will sponsor for this position
It's a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation's premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we're pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you'll be at the center of it all.
At CVS Health, we work every day to help people on their path to better health. Never has it been more important for us to deliver on our purpose to our valued customers, patients, members, and employees. With a presence in communities across the country, CVS Health colleagues are and will continue to be a critical piece of the country's health care solution. The health and safety of our employees, patients, customers, and members is our top priority as we face the impact of COVID-19 together. If you would like to learn about the actions we are taking as a company as we learn more about COVID-19 and its spread, we encourage you to visit our COVID-19 resource center at https://cvshealth.com/covid-19
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request an accommodation, a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team by emailing Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team or calling 877-805-9511.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout, contact the Modern Hire Help Desk at 1-877-451-1695 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website