As Category Manager, you will be responsible for the assigned specific strategic, merchandise categories and you will have the full scope of responsibility for attaining budgeted sales, gross margin, and building market share within the category. This will include full P&L responsibility for attaining budgeted Sales, Contribution Margin, and Gross Margin Return on Inventory Investment. You will develop annual category business plans for 1, 3 and 5 years out as well was category strategic plans for weekly, seasonal and annual merchandising programs while maintaining competitive analysis, including competitive store and market visits. In this role you will also be:
- Maintaining positive trade relations and developing strategic alliances
- Interviewing and negotiating with manufacturers and vendors
- Running test programs to inform long-term innovation and positioning
As Category Manager you will operate within the Merchandising area and collaborate closely with a large cross-functional team including team members from Pricing, Promotional Planning, Marketing, Inventory, Financial Planning, Store Operations, Field Merchandising and Category Planogram Designers to achieve the Merchandising objectives as it relates to the category strategic plans. In this role you will be responsible for searching out new, competitive opportunities at CVS within your assigned categories and driving the business to ensure an industry leading position for CVS
- 3 + years of experience in an analytical, merchandising and/or buying capacity
- Must be willing and able to travel at least 5-10%
Corporate retail merchandising and/or buying experience
- Strong communication (written and oral) and presentation skills
- Experience managing a retail Profit and Loss (P&L)
- Technical experience should include MS Office, Word, Excel PowerPoint, knowledge of (Nielsen/IRI) market data, Access or other data base knowledge and planogram tools (Spaceman or Apollo)
- Demonstrated working experience in Marketing Strategies, vendor and product negotiations, item and promotional pricing along with item selection
- Bilingual preferred (English and Spanish)
Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Merchandising or related field is preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website