As the Advisor of IT Systems, you will be responsible for application development for the EDW team. The Advisor will be accountable for designing comprehensive solutions that meet business requirements and incrementally move the data warehouse to the future state. The position requires strong attention to detail, excellent communications skills and exceptional follow through.
• Provides technical direction for the design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of DW solutions
• Hands-on experience and knowledge of Data Warehouse best practices, Teradata, and Informatica ETL.
• Expertise in Data modelling
• Ability to solve issues by coordinating across cross-functional areas
• Experience in strategic planning processes, especially in translating business needs to IT solutions
• Guides the technical team in identification and resolution of Data Quality issues
• Works closely with project management to ensure alignment of plans with what is being delivered
• Strong interpersonal, teamwork, organizational and workload planning skills
• Experience in configuration management and software release principles as well as change management concepts
• Strong analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities as well as exceptional customer service orientation
• Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through implementation and on-going support
• Experience in managing medium to large sized projects relating to the delivery of applications or application changes
• Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience in leveraging Managed Services or 3rd party resources to meet application support requirements
• Lead the development team to set clear expectations of milestones and goals.
• Work effectively with and lead technical personnel (Development Team, Systems Analysts, Testers), and clearly translate business priorities and objectives into technical solutions.
• Interface daily with cross functional team members within the EDW team and across the enterprise to resolve issues
• Represent Data Warehouse in meetings for owned projects
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
• Datawarehouse implementation experience in very Large Databases
• Experience in Programming in a Linux/Unix environment, including shell scripting
• Design Teradata BTEQ/ Informatica workflows and mappings for optimal performance in a large-scale Unix/RDBMS environment. Tune Teradata/Informatica code; knowledge of optimal mapping techniques
• Experience on All Payer Claim Data base state compliance and regulatory projects
• 8+ years' experience in Data Warehousing.
• 5+ years of Teradata experience or related application.
• 6+ years of hands on Informatica experience.
• 5+ years' experience working in a cross-functional environment.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills; ability to interact effectively with all levels within the organization
• Working experience with Agile and SDLC methodology
• Ability to interact and work effectively with technical & non-technical levels within the organization
• Ability to drive clarity of purpose and goals during release and planning activities
• Excellent organizational skills including ability to prioritize tasks efficiently with high level of attention to detail.
• PBM experience
• Healthcare experience
Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Technology or related field or 8+ years of relevant work experience
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website