Cvent is the world's leading provider of cloud-based software for meetings and event management. Our platform of products includes web and mobile software to manage and facilitate online event registration, meeting site selection, event management, e-mail marketing and web surveys. We build highly scalable, enterprise applications that event planners can use to elevate the event and hospitality experience.
Founded in 1999, we currently have close to 4,000+ talented and dedicated employees. Cvent is headquartered just outside of DC, in Tysons Corner, Virginia.We have received several awards and honors recognizing our strong company culture, innovative products, stellar customer service, visionary leadership and investment in our employees.
Do you enjoy creating innovative, long lasting solutions?
Are you passionate about design, development and technology?
If you answered yes, then you should keep reading!
We are looking for someone who is curious, a problem solver at heart and can help our technology team design and develop innovative solutions to solve complex user experiences problems. The ideal candidate is a proactive self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
What You Will Be Doing
- Define, code, test and deploy new features with an emphasis on extensibility and performance.
- Work cross functionally with the Product Management, UX Design, Engineering and Quality Assurance teams.
- Ensure best development practices, participate in code reviews, and strive to innovate in UI development.
- Work independently on deliverables but also participate in a very collaborative environment with teammates from various backgrounds coming together to solve challenging problems as a team. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
What You Need for this Position
- 4 to 7 years' work experience and a 4-year Engineering degree required.
- Must have experience working in an agile software development environment.
- Experience delivering code using TDD and Unit testing
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript (ES6, 2015, 2017)
- Proficient to Advanced understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Experience with server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Strong knowledge of web standards
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with code versioning tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required as you will be coordinating with a myriad of stakeholders including, UX Design and UI Development team members, Product Management, Engineers and QA.
Apply on company website