Do you like the challenge of building great, feature rich products?
Would you like to work in a highly collaborative environment where sharing knowledge and ideas is not only encouraged – but expected?
Do you want to use cutting edge technologies on real products that are in production?
Do you want to grow your career?
If you answered yes to all the above, then you belong at Kapow!
Kapow, now a Cvent company, is a Chicago based industry-leading event platform that allows companies to find, book and manage events by combining unique, pre-packaged experiences, national partnerships with restaurants, retailers and other special event venues, and the service and expertise of local event experts. We've got a prime downtown office on the river at Wacker and Wells (close to CTA and Metra).
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. You'll play a critical role in the success of Kapow by developing high quality, efficient, functional, and maintainable software yourself, and assisting fellow software engineers on your team to accomplish this.
The prerequisites for joining our development team are simple. We care more about your attitude and aptitude than the specific tools and technologies you have used in the past. You need to have a strong passion for software development and must take pride in the code you produce. You should also have great analytical skills and ability to handle complex, modular software development in a collaborative team-based environment.
In addition to this, our IDEAL candidate will meet the following criteria:
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience developing on a back end web application framework like Rails, Django, or Express.
- Experience with relational databases like MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Experience with unit testing
- Scaling applications and platforms to larger scale with performance optimizations
Other nice to haves are:
- Fluent in several different programming languages
- Experience with modern front end frameworks like React (preferred), Angular, Ember, or Vue
- Experience with recent versions of Ruby on Rails
- Experience with RSpec
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with continuous integration tools like Jenkins or Travis CI
- Experience developing microservices
- Experience with e-commerce transactions and related security
- Experience developing and improving e-commerce platforms
At Cvent we celebrate, support and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website