The Product Design Manager is responsible for leading a large, dedicated team of product designers within our user experience team. In this role, you'll be strategizing and organizing the development of web-based and mobile UIs for large, complex applications.
The successful candidate should have experience in information architecture methodology and UX design techniques in an applied software development setting. Finally, you should possess strong management skills, be an active problem solver, and demonstrate a willingness to shepherd new ideas within the organization.
This position plays an integral role in driving application design and providing product feedback at all stages of the development life cycle.
What You Will Be Doing
- Partner with other team managers to ensure a consistent vison and experience across Cvent's product line while supporting and contributing to our enterprise design system
- Coordinate with the user research team to validate design solutions are optimal for our customers and maintain the highest of usability standards
- Manage and mentor a team of talented product designers to deliver high quality solutions within set time frames
- Collaborate with the Director of User Experience and other stakeholder to define product experiences including improvement and innovation
- Maintain a tight relationship with key team members from UX, product management, development and quality engineering to ensure your team is on schedule and on time for delivery
- Raise the business acumen of the team by communicating business strategy to other designers
- Assist in recruiting efforts to establish a world class user experience team
- Support team member growth by mentoring, setting clear goals, articulating feedback in addition to facilitating bi annual performance reviews.
What You Will Need For This Position
- 8+ years of progressive UX/UI design and/or product management experience in software, web and mobile environments
- 2+ years of experience managing UX/UI resources and strategy
- Solid UX analysis & design experience in a large-scale software development environment and possess a strong understanding of information architecture and user-centered design methodology
- Significant exposure to web and mobile software development, product/design research and brand awareness
- Demonstrated success in leading UX design and software product development opportunities from concept to successful launch/implementation
- A passion to foster lean methodologies, employ UX best practices, accessibility guidelines, & UX standards
- Ability to quickly develop a deep understanding of our business and corporate strategy including the entire Cvent platform
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate design concepts within the organization
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent strategic/analytical thinking, communication, problem solving, influencing, and interpersonal skills
Apply on company website