Cvent is the leading cloud-based enterprise event management platform provider, offering software solutions to event planners for online event registration, venue selection, event management, mobile apps for events, e-mail marketing and web surveys. Our solutions optimize the entire event management value chain and have enabled clients around the world to manage hundreds of thousands of meetings and events.
Our OnSite Solutions platform is built by a team of highly driven and skilled individuals, who work in most of Cvent's offices around the globe. We offer a positive, collaborative and open environment where our teams are focused on building features that delight our customers. We service thousands of events a year – including some of the most well-known events in the world.
The prerequisites for joining our development team are simple: we care just as much about your attitude and aptitude as your experience delivering enterprise grade mobile software. You need to have a strong passion for software development and must take pride in your results. You should also have great analytical skills and ability to handle complex, modular software development in a collaborative team-based environment.
For the Software Engineering Manager role, you must have experience with and value managing, leading and mentoring both mobile and server-side engineers and delivering successful products to market. We are looking for hires who know how to help a team succeed in the current initiatives and set the groundwork for innovation and greater performance for our existing platform.
What You Will Be Doing
- Be a key partner in rolling out regular feature releases and keeping our product ahead of the competition.
- Managing several sprint teams of iOS, Android, Java and .Net developers, helping them succeed in their careers and day-to-day work.
- Roll up your sleeves and solve hard technical issues while shipping code regularly.
- Work closely on new features with Developers, Architects, UX, Product Managers and QA in an Agile environment.
- Help improve the process and output of the sprint teams, working with other mobile-centric teams to find ways to improve outcomes and deliver value.
- Take ownership of components – from design to development, deployment and maintenance.
- Mentor your fellow team members, participating in code reviews and working hand-in-hand with other developers.
What You Need for this Position
- Experience leading or mentoring multiple teams of mobile and server focused Software Engineers.
- Previous hands-on development experience, including working with iOS and/or Android development frameworks
- Experience managing Agile sprint teams, being aware of velocity, quality and other metrics.
- Experience with designing, using and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Experience building and supporting high-volume, enterprise grade, client facing products that require high availability and quick issue response.
- Experience building software with Swift, Kotlin or equivalent frameworks. Specific experience with Dropwizard, React, React Native, Postgres, Couchbase, RabbitMQ and Docker would be ideal
- Experience scaling and securing applications in AWS.
- Proven track record of delivering enhancements and new products on time and on budget
- Bachelor's in Computer Science OR related technical discipline. Equivalent experience will also be considered.
Apply on company website