Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company that provides industry-leading software to event professionals around the world. Our suite of services – online event registration, venue selection, mobile apps, email marketing, web surveys, and targeted hotel advertising opportunities – have positioned us a major player in the estimated $565 billion global meetings and events industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement database structures for OLAP and OLTP systems
- Design and implement ETL and ELT process to consolidate data across multiple systems
- Design and implement APIs, services, data transfers to internal and external systems
- Identify and resolve performance and security issues relating to data access and maintenance
- Define and enforce data design, security and performance standards
- Understand and contribute to a corporate data model and overall data governance
- Communicate with application, back-office and external customer teams regarding data requirements, standards, performance and access
- Define and follow best practices for a full software development lifecycle involving data and database code.
- Define and perform unit testing of database code
- Contribute to the analysis and remediation of system behavior using tools like New Relic to understand application and process bottlenecks
- Perform code reviews and audits of application team's database code to ensure compliance with established best practices.
- Contribute to new technology evaluations and recommended usage
- Provide on call support for database related issues affecting system or process availability.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, CIS or related field
- 4+ years' experience with multiple databases (SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, NoSQL)
- Experience with ETL, ELT, Replication (SSIS, Informatica, GoldenGate)
- Experience with Data Marts, Data Warehouses, Data Lakes
- Experience with one or more reporting tools (Birst, Cognos, Business Objects)
- Experience with Amazon, RedShift, Cloud
Key Skills & Competencies
- Strong Database Development skills across multiple platforms
- Superior Interpersonal Skills: Ability to interface with a wide range of personalities and levels within Cvent and client organizations; Professional communication style
- Data Collection and Analysis: Proactive listening; resourceful in collecting sufficient data; Analysis of data to develop and implement best solution
- Initiative: Self-starter with strong sense of ownership; Tenacity in problem solving with positive outcomes; Motivated to increase capacity and responsibility
- Detailed Oriented: Detailed administrative skills for tracking and reporting
At Cvent we celebrate, support and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics. Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace.
Apply on company website