Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company that provides industry-leading software to event professionals around the world. Our suite of services – online event registration, venue selection, mobile apps, email marketing, web surveys, and targeted hotel advertising opportunities – have positioned us a major player in the estimated $565 billion global meetings and events industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement database structures for OLAP and OLTP systems
- Design and implement ETL and ELT process to consolidate data across multiple systems
- Design and implement APIs, services, data transfers to internal and external systems
- Identify and resolve performance and security issues relating to data access and maintenance
- Define and enforce data design, security and performance standards
- Understand and contribute to a corporate data model and overall data governance
- Communicate with application, back-office and external customer teams regarding data requirements, standards, performance and access
- Define and follow best practices for a full software development lifecycle involving data and database code.
- Define and perform unit testing of database code
- Contribute to the analysis and remediation of system behavior using tools like New Relic to understand application and process bottlenecks
- Perform code reviews and audits of application team's database code to ensure compliance with established best practices.
- Contribute to new technology evaluations and recommended usage
- Provide on call support for database related issues affecting system or process availability.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, CIS or related field
- 4+ years' experience with multiple databases (SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, NoSQL)
- Experience with ETL, ELT, Replication (SSIS, Informatica, GoldenGate)
- Experience with Data Marts, Data Warehouses, Data Lakes
- Experience with one or more reporting tools (Birst, Cognos, Business Objects)
- Experience with Amazon, RedShift, Cloud
Key Skills & Competencies
- Strong Database Development skills across multiple platforms
- Superior Interpersonal Skills: Ability to interface with a wide range of personalities and levels within Cvent and client organizations; Professional communication style
- Data Collection and Analysis: Proactive listening; resourceful in collecting sufficient data; Analysis of data to develop and implement best solution
- Initiative: Self-starter with strong sense of ownership; Tenacity in problem solving with positive outcomes; Motivated to increase capacity and responsibility
- Detailed Oriented: Detailed administrative skills for tracking and reporting
Apply on company website