The Senior Human Resource Business Partner will provide people solutions as an experienced resource for the company. On a daily basis, this role will work with the Employee Relations and cross functional teams in order to create consistency, share ideas, and build systems that enhance the employee experience. As a resource for employees through their lifecycle with the company, it is anticipated that supportive partnerships will be built with employees and managers in all divisions and levels in order to nurture a positive workplace.
When partnering together with managers and employees, the Senior Human Resources Business Partner will objectively provide coaching and guidance while aligning to the company's vision, mission and overall business objectives. By evaluating patterns and trends, this role will provide insightful data to guide decision making and proactive solutions.
Effectively responding to escalated situations while maintaining a balance between employee requests or concerns, business need, policy outline and federal or state regulations will be a key to success. With a focus on the future, this position will offer opportunities to provide tremendous input as the Human Resources department embarks on the next version of our programs and systems that shape our employee's experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead Human Resources initiatives that align to business objectives to engage, develop, and manage employees.
- Participate in efforts to determine new ways to generate more efficient and streamlined HR processes.
- Review key HR data in topics such as performance planning, application of new employment laws, the new hire experience and more to provide a full analysis on risks, trends and suggested improvements.
- Serve as a critical advisor, maintaining a high level of contact to all employees in all divisions regarding Employee Relations and HR/People related inquires. Enhance the level of employee relations support by fostering a high level of employee trust while providing appropriate day-to-day coaching and strategic advice to executive leadership.
- Support operational objectives, financial goals, and the achievement of key metrics through the development, enhancement, and execution of Human Resources processes, policies, and initiatives. Oversee accurate interpretation and application of these goals and processes by the Human Resources partners.
- Provide guidance, coaching and advice on Human Resources-related topics (including general questions, LOA, inquiries, development and employee relations matters) in order to create an integrated, fulfilled employee life cycle experience. In conjunction with the Employee Relations team, collaborate on corrective action measures and ensure consistency of applied policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain current and relevant knowledge in a variety of concepts, practices, procedures as well as updates associated with all areas of Human Resources including compliance with all legal and regulatory concerns: Federal, State, and local laws and regulations related to the Human Resources function such as FLSA, ADA, Civil Rights Act of 1964, and FMLA.
- Perform analysis to alleviate risks and review trend results to make recommendations to management. Conduct strategic reviews of current and possible employee relations risks by working with Legal, Employee Relations & Compliance, Human Resources and managers to develop appropriate positioning in relation to compliance risks and desired business outcomes.
- Assess organizational performance, identify talent gaps, and propose Human Resources solutions that support both the business and employees through use of performance analysis on a continuous basis.
- Review and interpret exit interview information and support the implementation of retention strategies by working with Director of Human Resources.
- Create updated, effective Human Resources trainings for managers and employees.
- Optimize employee recognition/engagement programs by working with internal departments and vendors to grow employee retention and create a positive culture.
- Review and analyze Human Resources reports to make recommendations to management team. Assist with Human Resources compliance reporting and audits.
- Act as a trusted employee champion for employees to give feedback and share responses with management as needed.
- Conduct regular meetings with division leaders to provide guidance.
- Provide guidance to convert strategies into result driven actions assisting with the support of change management techniques.
This job description does not imply that the above functions are the only tasks that may be performed. Individuals will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Responsibilities With Regard to Workers' Compensation Claims: You are responsible for reporting any employment related injury you incur to your direct supervisor as soon as possible following an incident resulting in an injury.
Education/Experience: 5 to 8 years of Human Resources Business Partner or People Partner experience; Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- Solid knowledge of employment laws and HR practices
- Experience with a rapidly-changing work environment
- Operates effectively through ambiguous situations
- Able to implement consistent procedures
- Flexible, collaborative approach as a leader
- Ability to lead change initiatives
- Creatively considers innovative HR solutions and process improvements
- Effective organizational skills when simultaneously managing multiple projects, tasks and requests
- Strategic-thinking skills
- High degree of confidentiality
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills required
Computer Skills: Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Professional certifications PHR or SPHR (or SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP) strongly preferred.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers to operate a computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This role may have direct reports.
Apply on company website