The Direct Sales Representative role is responsible for execution of the strategic plan for the client's brands within a defined geography. The position is responsible for overall promotion of the brand including its continued development, management and sales. This role is dedicated to providing excellent customer service and developing a professional working relationship with store management, associates and other merchandising companies to effectively meet company and client objectives.
- Influence local and regional decision makers at assigned client locations in an effort to influence local and regional sales and buying strategies.
- Develop and communicate the client's vision for the category into an action plan for each store that benefits both the client and the customer.
- Leverage and engage the necessary resources to execute the action plan in order to grow volume through incremental retail activities.
- Be actively engaged at the store level in order to identify issues that could impact execution, and proactively recommend solutions to close gaps &/or capitalize on opportunities.
- Partners with store management weekly to sell and ensure appropriate inventory levels for sales activity.
- Schedules and executes assignments to meet objectives.
- Accurately reports all completed assignments via the appropriate designated systems on the day the work is performed.
- Communicates effectively with store personnel regarding assignments, sales activities, promotions, and client/sales plan objectives.
- Completes required training and certification programs.
- Daily utilization of CROSSMARK'S communication tools for the purpose of accurately planning, reporting, and reviewing work.
- Participation in team and client projects.
- Adheres to company policies, procedures, and position responsibilities.
- Significant time in a vehicle may be required.
- You must have access to reliable transportation, and must be able and willing to transport required materials to perform the duties of the job.
NOTE: This job description does not imply that the above functions are the only tasks that may be performed. Associates will be expected, if possible, to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms (including reaching overhead)
- Talk and hear
- Visual ability to read plan-o-grams and other materials to perform duties
- Regularly lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift up to 60 pounds from the floor to waist or chest high
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- Retail sales and/or customer service experience preferred.
- Computer literate and familiar with computer programs, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to implement retail schematics and merchandising materials as assigned.
- Working Conditions - Retail store environment with some travel. Some projects may include early mornings (i.e. 4-5am), overnight travel, weekends or nights and holidays.
- Language Skills - English is the primary language skill; however, bilingual skills may be required based on business necessity.
At CROSSMARK, you can get the job that gets your lifestyle. Whether you are seeking a career in retail merchandizing, the flexibility of a part-time job or full-time corporate employment, we have a place for you. Join our U.S. team of over 30,000 dedicated and talented individuals in providing expert sales and marketing services for the consumer goods industry.
CROSSMARK is committed to providing accessible employment practices and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please let us know.
Apply on company website