PromoWorks, a Crossmark company is hiring for a Business Development Manager to identify opportunities with CPG's and Internal Marketing and Shopper Marketing Teams to drive volume of store events. We are a leading shopper engagement company providing marketing services both inside and outside the store. We develop and activate nationwide engagement programs for our CPG and retail clients. With over 17 years of engagement expertise, we are growing both our client base and service offering. Owned by Crossmark, a leading merchandiser/broker in the CPG category, we are looking to deepen and broaden our client base.
To help us grow, we are seeking a mid-level, sales driven, Business Development Manager. To hit the ground running, we are looking for a "Hunter”, who is driven by reaching and exceeding sales and margin targets; proactively seeks to source new contacts to drive sales of in store events, is creative in developing themes for CPG participation and has experience working with or for a CPG or Grocery Retailer. Sales experience working in shopper marketing, marketing services, consumer promotion and/or the CPG industry is a strong plus.
- Proactively identify CPG contacts to grow volume of in store events
- Meet or exceed quarterly and yearly sales targets and margins
- Establish new, and maintain strong client relationships
- Take charge to grow existing clients and develop new clients
- Understand CPG brand challenges and translate them into relevant solution discussions
- Actively manage the sales pipeline to ensure volume and consistency of events
- Effectively and professionally communicate verbal and written materials
- Demonstrate passion for the highest quality of work
- Be a self-starter and an independent thinker with exceptional teamwork skills to effectively manage the events business
- Ability to muti-task and manage multiple priorities in a highly time sensitive environment
- Strong time management and understands the sense of urgency
- Ability to research and identify new contacts, create events that align with the retailer Marketing Plans and is comfortable working with a variety of teams within the Retailer for optimal success.
- Comfortable with and open to a level of administration work that needs to be competed to complete the sales cycle.
Responsibilities With Regard to Workers' Compensation Claims: You are responsible for reporting any employment related injury you incur to your direct supervisor as soon as possible following an incident resulting in an injury.
NOTE: This job description does not imply that the above functions are the only tasks that may be performed. Associates will be expected, if possible, to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education/Experience: A four (4) year college degree or equivalent training with relevant experience; Two (2)+ years of experience in a business development / client services role.
Other Functions: Ability to manage multiple priorities within tight timelines. Ability to create and deliver presentations; Respect for organizational policies and procedures; Sales centric approach to all business opportunities; Extensive use of and experience with MS Office, Excel, Sales Force and Outlook. Stellar work ethic with a sense of responsibility and urgency; Professional, assertive and service-oriented in nature; Demonstrated track record of meeting and or exceeding sales quotas; Experience interacting with mid level management; Highly organized to manage program flow through; Good understanding of the end-to-end development cycle of a client engagement; Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Supervisory Responsibility: None.
Working Conditions: On site position at the Client's headquarters in Scarborough, ME.
Physical Demands: Able to type freely and work with computer monitors and keyboards for prolonged periods of time on a daily basis; Able to drive and fly on commercial airlines.
Language Skills: English is the primary language skill; however, bilingual skills may be advantageous based on business necessity.
Apply on company website