Under the leadership of the departmental Nursing Director and the supervision of a licensed nurse, thePatient Care Technician provides culturally sensitive, developmentally appropriate patient care. The Patient Care Technician works under close supervision of a licensed nurse and performs a variety of basic patient care activities and related services necessary in caring for the personal needs of patients.
- Licensure, Registrations & Certifications:
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Functions as part of an interdisciplinary team with positive interpersonal communication skills when communicating with patients, families, visitors, physicians, coworkers, and staff from other departments of the organization.
- Provides direct support to the nursing staff and follows the departmental Director's and licensed nursing staffs' instructions and directions in the delivery of quality patient care.
- Alerts the nursing staff and medical staff to observed changes in the patient's condition.
- Operates medical equipment safely, such as automatic blood pressure machines and SCD machines.
- Collects and transports patient specimens for laboratory analysis as directed.
- Assists patients with basic hygiene, hair and oral care as required.
- Complies with CRHS and departmental safety, infection control, and performance improvement initiatives to ensure the delivery of quality care and services.
- Maintains and expands knowledge of medical terminology.
- Provides basic clerical support as requested.
- Presents a professional image to CRHS nursing, clinical, and medical staff members as well as patients, families, and visitors.
- Participates in performance improvement studies and integrates performance improvement standards into work-related activities.
- Attends professional development programs and in-service training and meets the minimum requirement for continuing professional education.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
Standards of Performance:
- Performs basic patient care tasks and clerical support duties as measured by feedback from co-workers and observations of the departmental Director.
- Performs assigned patient care duties in a timely and accurate manner as measured by logs, charts, and observation.
- Performs basic clerical support functions as measured by observations of departmental Director and co-workers.
- Complies with standards of care, safety, and infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates reliability as measured by compliance with the CRHS Time and Attendance policy.
- Demonstrates professional conduct and adherence to safety, confidentiality, and HIPAA standards.
- Promotes intradepartmental and interdepartmental teamwork as measured by observations of the Director and coworkers
- Adheres to the CRHS Standards of Behavior as measured by observations of managers, coworkers, and outside and/or inside customers.
- Actively participates as a member of the healthcare team by attending all mandated in-services, as well as departmental staff meetings as determined by the departmental Director
- Verbalizes and/or demonstrates core competencies of the unit and department
- Complies with regulatory requirements, including the National Patient Safety Goals, as observed by peers, supervisors, and other members of the healthcare team.
Apply on company website