Under the leadership of the Manager, Physician Services, the Office Coordinator I is an active member of the Physician Services team that delivers office support consistent with the strategic vision, goals, philosophy and direction of Physician Services and CRHS. The Office Coordinator I provides clerical and administrative support to the medical office staff, maintaining files and records, scheduling office appointments and preparing reports or other documents as directed. The Office Coordinator I ensures that the medical office operates efficiently and collects, verifies and submits patient billing information for reimbursement.
Requires a high school diploma with an emphasis in Office Occupations and Administrative Skills or a GED state certification. A business office school, Medical Assistant program or Associate's degrees is preferred.
Requires up to one year of work-related on-the-job experience or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Licensure, Registrations & Certifications:
Requires and maintains a current and valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provides clerical and administrative support to the medical office staff ensuring it operates efficiently.
- Enters and tracks the timely submission of patient-related paperwork, supplemental orders and billing-related information.
- Coordinates with Financial Services billing-related issues to ensure the maximum reimbursement for services rendered is obtained.
- Prepares medical office financial reports and submits reports to Financial Services according to established procedures and within established timeframes.
- Receives patient payments and prepares daily deposit for funds received according to established procedures.
- Requisitions from CRHS all required office and medical supplies, and places them into the medical office inventory once received.
- Promotes teamwork on a daily basis by encouraging communication and reporting problems and concerns to the Director, Physician Services.
- Assists the physicians with reports and correspondence as directed.
- Assists with the coordination of medical office sponsored special events, meetings, seminars, educational or training programs.
- Ensures the office's physical space Is well maintained and provides a comfortable, safe and secure environment for all patients', guest and staff.
- Greet and register patients in EHR.
- Responsible for patient paperwork completion.
- Insurance verification.
- Collect co-pays.
- Petty cash reconciliation.
- Answer incoming calls, take messages or transfer to desired extension.
- Post daily charges when applicable.
- Schedule appointments and maintain patient charts.
- Contact patients of upcoming appointments
- Schedule incoming referrals.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
Standards of Performance:
- Performs general office operations and tasks, including covering for other clerical staff to keep the office working and orderly, as measured by feedback from staff, physicians and the Director.
- Demonstrates reliability as measured by compliance with the CRHS Time and Attendance policy.
- Demonstrates professional conduct, as measured by accuracy and legitimacy of billing, and adherence to confidentiality, accounting, and HIPAA standards.
- Promotes teamwork with the entire agency staff, as well as other contacts within the hospital, as measured by observations of Director and co-workers.
- Develops accurate reports as measured by Director review.
- Adheres to the CRHS Standards of Behavior as measured by observations of the nursing and medical staff, patients, family members and other staff members for CRHS that maintain ongoing contact with the position.
Apply on company website