Under the leadership of the departmental Nursing Director and the supervision of a Registered Nurse, the Licensed Practical Nurse isresponsible for utilizing the nursing process in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care. The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for providing culturally sensitive care that is appropriate for the patient's developmental age. The Licensed Practical Nurse effectivelyinteracts with patients, family members, and other health team members, follows the nursing plan of care as it has been formulated, and maintains the standards of professional nursing.
- Licensure, Registrations & Certifications:
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the development of the nursing plan of care through planning, data collection, implementation, and evaluation of the patient's care.
- Effectively and consistently performs basic nursing skills and treatments as prescribed by the physician or as indicated by the patient's condition.
- Provides assigned patients with quality patient care services consistent with the standards of care established by Nursing Services and CRHS.
- Functions as a part of an interdisciplinary team with positive interpersonal communication skills when communicating with patients, families, visitors, physicians, intra and inter-department staff members, and representatives from other organizations.
- Documents patient care which reflects appropriate nursing interventions and includes evidence of appropriate patient/family education.
- Implements and documents patient responses to treatments as defined within the scope of LPN duties through the State Board of Nursing and policies of CRHS.
- Demonstrates prioritization and decisiveness that enables the completion of typical patient assignments within an assigned shift.
- Performs associated duties, responsibilities, and tasks relating to safety, infection control, and performance improvement as part of CRHS's efforts to provide quality care and services..
- Presents a professional image to CRHS's nursing co-workers, clinical and medical staff members, patients, families, and visitors.
- Attends professional development programs and in-service training and meets the minimum requirement for continuing professional education.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
Standards of Performance:
- Performs nursing care in accordance with established department and CRHS policies and procedures as measured by feedback and observation from nursing, medical, and management staff.
- Performs assigned patient care duties in a timely and accurate manner as measured by logs, charts, and observation.
- Complies with safety and infection control policies and practices in the delivery of patient care as measured by feedback and observation from nursing, medical, and management staff.
- Demonstrates reliability as measured by compliance with the CRHS Time and Attendance policy.
- Demonstrates professional conduct and adherence to safety, confidentiality, and HIPAA standards.
- Promotes teamwork with the entire staff, as well as other contacts within the department, as measured by observations of manager and coworkers.
- Adheres to the CRHS Standards of Behavior as measured by observations of managers, coworkers, and outside and/or inside customers.
- Verbalizes and/or demonstrates core competencies of the unit and department.
- Complies with regulatory requirements, including the National Patient Safety Goals, as observed by peers, supervisors, and other members of the healthcare team.
- Actively participates as a member of the healthcare team by attending all mandated in-services, as well as departmental staff meetings as determined by the departmental Director.
Apply on company website