Under the leadership of the Nursing Home Administrator, the Director of Nursing is an active member of the Nursing Home team that works to determine the strategic vision, goals, philosophy and direction of CRHS. Responsible for the overall operations for the Nursing department. The Director, Nursing staff members on strategic and tactical nursing and clinical operational issues. The Director, Nursing provides leadership and guidance in providing the delivery of quality care to our residents and their family members. The Director, Nursing functions at a variety of levels including higher level analysis and executive decision-making as well as direct hands-on work. This position also serves on several committees throughout the organization and provides reporting and analysis concerning utilization, quality and performance improvement, daily census levels and staffing. The Director participates in community educational health programs
- Licensure, Registrations & Certifications:
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Converts CRHS's vision, mission and goals into actionable plans and direction.
- Conducts daily rounds to determine resident physical, mental, and emotional status and implements any required nursing intervention.
- Monitors and audits clinical record documentation to ensure their accuracy and timeliness.
- Develops and implements actions to correct non-compliant documentation and/or practice.
- Reviews resident plans of care for appropriate goals and approaches, and medication orders for completeness and accuracy and makes recommendations to the staff.
- Assigns responsibility for nursing care to nursing staff within approved budgetary limits and in consideration of changing needs of residents. Conducts periodic audits of clinical records. Provides justification/explanations for budget overages.
- Keeps Administrator informed of the status of residents and other related matters.
- Meets periodically with residents, family members and other interested parties to determine satisfaction with nursing services on assigned unit and addresses complaints appropriately.
- Ensures that all unit functions and activities are performed in compliance with established infection control and isolation procedures, and monitors on-going quality assurance assessment.
- Collaborates with other disciplines to help ensure that each resident's interdisciplinary plan of care, including discharge planning, is maintained.
- Ensures residents are treated with respect and dignity, observing and promoting resident rights and confidentiality of protected resident information in all aspects of leadership.
- Participates in the hiring process for nurses, C.N.A's and other appropriate staff.
- Conducts training and educational programs to maintain and improve knowledge and skills necessary to provide high quality care. Attends mandatory in-service training programs and staff meetings to maintain and improve knowledge and skills.
- Completes assigned performance appraisals in a timely manner and provides appropriate and effective feedback during performance appraisal discussion with employee(s).
- Works with staff members to correct and improve performance deficiencies.
- Reviews employee time sheets to ensure accuracy and to address non-compliant use of the facility time-keeping system.
- Maintains current knowledge and compliance with federal and state regulations that pertain to long term care nursing.
- Reports unsafe conditions when noted and immediately reports accidents according to established department and CRHS policies and procedures.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
Standards of Performance:
- Meets or exceeds goals and expectations assigned and as measured through the Leader Evaluation Tool (LET).
- Presents Nursing Home clinical services updates on a monthly basis in a clear and concise manner to the Administrator.
- Demonstrates the CRHS Standards of Behavior as measured by peer, supervisor and stakeholder feedback.
- Demonstrates confidence and respect of others per performance feedback and/or 360 degree evaluations.
- Demonstrates an organizational structure that ensures accountability and fosters high performance teams through goals and objectives.
- Implements strategies focused on delivery cost and effective quality care while improving customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrates on-going performance improvements aimed at operational efficiencies, process improvements and financial outcomes.
Apply on company website