Under the leadership of the Director of Physician Services, the Coding Technician is an active member of the Physician Services team that delivers professional coding and support consistent with the strategic vision, goals, philosophy and direction of physician services department and CRHS. The Coding Technician is responsible for accurately coding medical practice records. This is done for the purpose of reimbursement, research and compliance with federal regulations according to diagnoses, operations and procedures using ICD-10-CM and CPT classification systems.
- High school graduate and/or certification for a Certified Professional Coder.
- Practical experience of 1 or 2 years in the office/coding field in a medical practice is preferred.
- Typing/computer skills required; must be able to use ICD-10-CM/CPT code books.
- Must be knowledgeable in general coding rules/regulations and proficient in ICD-10-CM and CPT coding.
Licensure, Registrations & Certifications:
- CPC Coder Certification exam musty be completed and passed within 90 days of hire.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Accurately codes diagnoses and office procedures with standard ICD-10-CM/CPT for medical practice records.
- Data entry of correct/complete diagnoses codes and procedure codes for final billing of medical office claims.
- Query physician(s) if needed for clarification of diagnosis and office procedures if not in medical record.
- Handle general denials of accounts based on the codes.
- Review charts/records for accounts as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Answer telephone following through with requests.
- Keep work area clean and in a professional way.
Apply on company website