Under the leadership of the Administrator, Nursing Home, the Administrative Assistant is an active member of the Nursing Home team that delivers professional long-term care and services consistent with the strategic vision, goals, philosophy and direction of the Nursing Home department and CRHS. The Administrative Assistant provides secretarial and administrative support services, such as taking minutes, preparing correspondence in final form, writing routine letters and memos, receiving and directing visitors, arranging meetings, maintaining departmental records and files and so forth. Assists on special projects and may provide other administrative services as requested. Assists with the coordination of special events, meetings, seminars and educational/training programs.
Requires a high school diploma or a GED state certification.
Requires work-related experience or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
· Licensure, Registrations & Certifications:
This job does not require any professional or technical licenses, registrations or certifications.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Completes a wide range of administrative tasks which include preparing correspondence, lists, forms, tables, charts, records and statistical tables, which may be confidential in nature.
· Assists in the preparation of administrative reports, statements and inventories.
· Performs data or information gathering and compiles information and drafts special reports or summaries for review.
· Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls and notifies the Administrator or other staff members, or records and relays messages.
· Responds to general inquiries concerning the activities and operation of the Nursing Home by relating or referring to established policies and procedures.
· Arranges meetings and conferences, schedules interviews and appointments, completes travel arrangements, and maintains personal calendars.
· Establishes, maintains and revises record keeping and filing system. Classifies, sorts and files correspondence, articles, records, and other documents.
· Gathers data from Nursing Home records and prepares, completes, and/or processes reports, records, billings, and so forth, which require an understanding of both the Nursing Home and CRHS policies and procedures.
· Opens, sorts and distributes mail.
· Requisitions office supplies and distributes supplies when received.
· Operates standard office machines and equipment and may be responsible for contacting service personnel for repairs.
· Assists the Administrator, Nursing Home as directed for annual agency evaluation and cost reports.
· Assists with the coordination of special events, meetings, seminars, educational/training programs and other assignments as requested.
· Performs other related job duties as assigned.
Standards of Performance:
· Performs administrative and secretarial tasks, including covering for other clerical staff to keep the office working and orderly, as measured by feedback from staff and observation of the Administrator.
· Prepares requested documents in an accurate and timely manner as measured by Administrator's review.
· Demonstrates reliability as measured by compliance with the CRHS Time and Attendance policy.
· Demonstrates professional conduct, as measured by accuracy and legitimacy of billing and adherence to confidentiality, accounting, and HIPAA standards.
· Promotes teamwork with the entire staff, as well as other contacts within the CRHS, as measured by observations of the Director and coworkers.
· Works on special projects under the guidance and direction of the Administrator.
· Adheres to the CRHS Standards of Behavior as measured by observations of Nursing Home staff, as well as outside and other inside customers.
Apply on company website