Industrial Account Manager-Outside Sales Minneapolis, MN As an Account Manager at Crescent Electric, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining solid, long-term business relationships with customers and reaching sales and gross margin goals while developing a sustainable sales/profit volume in your assigned territory. This includes prospecting and soliciting orders, identifying customer needs, and proposing solutions and appropriate products and services to meet those needs.
You will know you're a match to this position if you possess interpersonal and organizational skills, are a self-starter, detail oriented, and can work quickly and accurately under time constraints and against deadlines. Previous sales experience, previous knowledge of wholesale electrical distribution industry, and previous experience providing superior customer service preferred.
What's in it for you? Competitive pay and benefits. The opportunity to develop professionally, grow personally and the flexibility to balance your life's priorities. Leaders who inspire, build trust, and empower employees to achieve their best.
- Introduce, demonstrate and sell products and services, offer add-on and up-sell products that may benefit the customer, and suggest alternative products when a customer requested product is not available. Assist customers by pricing bills of material.
- Execute sales effort in an ethical and professional manner that will reflect favorably on the reputation of both the salesperson and the company.
- Attend sales, product, and other branch/company meetings.
- Valid driver's license and ability to travel often in the assigned territory and occasionally travel to attend company and vendor activities and events. Must meet Crescent Electric Supply Company's requirements to drive company vehicles.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of two years related sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university is preferred.
Family Owned. Culture of Quality. Opportunities to Advance. Crescent Electric offers a caring and supportive environment where employees are provided with the resources and support of a large company. Quality is a way of life at Crescent. Over the last 100 years, we've made every effort to continuously improve and grow as a team. As one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States, Crescent Electric has over 160 locations from coast to coast with a variety of career avenues you could pursue.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we do? Check out our career overview videos on our YouTube playlist at http://bit.ly/2cVXeXn
Crescent is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Candidates are subject to assessments, Motor Vehicle record review, criminal background checks, credit and references check, and a post-offer drug screen.
Apply on company website