At CPI Security, we lead the Security and Home Automation industry and are consistently awarded “Best Places to Work” year-over-year! We are looking for a Data Architecture & Engineer whose main responsibility will be developing CPI's Data architecture, strategy and governance. The end goal is to improve the consistency, timeliness, quality, security and delivery of data for use in cutting edge BI and AI tools. The candidate should be deeply familiar with ETL, BI and DW implementation methodologies and technologies and have prior experience delivering full suite implementations.
- Provide the necessary leadership to develop and execute a new data strategy encompassing modern architecture, MDM, tools, team member skillsets, frameworks and plans.
- Advise, guide and partner with business leaders on BI strategies, initiatives and tools that will drive business results.
- Lead analysis, architecture, design, and development of conceptual, logical, and physical data models to support transactional and analytical systems.
- Devise relational and NoSQL data architectures that are inherently secure and scalable
- Collaborate with IT Development and Operations to define a data topology that supports automation, particularly CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, and integration testing.
- Establish and coach DBA skillsets within the team (i.e. security, back-up, and recovery specifications).
- Lead the overall implementation of data projects, production support, and technical debt reduction efforts.
- Identify emerging data technologies and develop architectural roadmaps to modernize technology landscape and drive innovation.
- 15+ years of data engineering experience utilizing the SQL Server and the Microsoft BI stack
- 5+ years leading data teams, architecture and strategies Experience leading and implementing enterprise data architectures for transactional and analytical platforms, including Data Warehouses, enterprise ETLs, MDM, data governance, replication, integration, and large-scale migration
- Experience with Big Data concepts, non-relational platforms, clustered computing, distributed file systems, data lakes, and predictive analytics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively deliver messages to a wide range of audiences - from executive to technical
- Innovative and strategic mindset with a focus on teamwork and collaboration.
- Experience with distributed data management and analytics in cloud and hybrid environments
- Experience managing structured and unstructured data at scale across both homegrown and SaaS applications
- Expert with database scaling techniques - partitioning, horizontal/vertical approaches, replicas, pooling, etc.
- Project Management experience with planning, scheduling, resource leveling, and reporting on large project/program initiatives
- Create and manage architecture documentation and project artifacts such as data models, data dictionaries, ETL data maps, performance requirements, etc.
- Create standards and conventions for data warehouse, analytics, and ETL systems. Lead governance and enforcement of standards
What's In It For You
- Get to work with best of breed technologies (cloud, high throughput event processing, data analytics, etc.)
- Competitive pay and educational assistance
- Great medical, dental, vision, short- & long-term disability and life insurance options
- Company paid holidays, floating holiday and paid time off (PTO)
- 401(k) plan with competitive company match
- On site state of the art fitness facility, onsite café, walking trail, basketball court and a dedicated Fitness Director
- Paid Volunteer and Charitable Engagement Opportunities
- Birthday and Work Anniversary Rewards
Apply on company website