CPI has an immediate need for a Corporate Counsel who will be responsible for providing legal guidance and counsel to all levels of management for diverse in-house practice, including, but not limited to, corporate transactions, employment, contract, financing, commercial, technical, and merger and acquisitions.
- Provide practical, timely, quality legal advice and services to assist the Company in meeting its business objectives in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Company policies.
- Managing and executing the Company's legal function, including legal matters related to general corporate/business, sales and marketing, operations, human resources, and finance.
- Prepares and reviews contracts involving leases, purchases, sales, real estate, employment, insurance, etc.
- Studies proposed and existing legislation, reviews business practices and policies, and advises management of potential risks.
- Assess and mitigate legal risks arising from business activities, including the development and sale of products.
- Manage and work effectively with outside counsel on legal and regulatory aspects of the business and on litigation matters.
- Manage and maintain budgetary and cost discipline over outside counsel.
- Coordinates and assists in representation of the organization in legal disputes, including managing less complex cases handled by outside counsel.
- Researches and analyzes various legal issues and renders an opinion.
- Prepares and executes legal documents by analyzing, drafting, negotiating, reviewing, and filing the documents.
- Provide training on issues as diverse as regulatory developments, EEOC enforcement, and code of conduct compliance.
- May review and approve advertising copy and public statements from a legal standpoint.
- May from time to time support merger and acquisition activities.
Qualifications and Experience:
- J.D. from an accredited institution
- Licensed to practice law and in good standing
- Minimum 5 – 7 years prior legal experience is required
- Corporate experience is a must
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and be highly detail-oriented
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex legal issues to all levels of management
- Must possess strong leadership skills and willingness to collaborate, share knowledge, respond quickly to urgent matters and execute proactively
- Must have the ability to effectively multi-task, be highly organized and thrive in a deadline-centric environment
- Must be able to effectively analyze data and develop informed, sound and actionable recommendations
- Must be able to understand and embrace the company core values, corporate goals, mission, vision and priorities as set forth by Management, and be able to continually seek ways to meet or exceed goals and fulfill priorities
What's In It For You!
- Ability to influence and impact our iconic brand
- Competitive pay and educational assistance
- Great medical, dental, vision, short- & long-term disability and life insurance options
- Company paid holidays, floating holiday and paid time off (PTO)
- 401(k) plan with competitive company match
- On site state of the art fitness facility, onsite café, walking trail, basketball court and a dedicated Fitness Director
- Paid Volunteer and Charitable Engagement Opportunities
- Birthday and Work Anniversary Rewards
Apply on company website