Wake up each day knowing that you are a part of something special. Something real. Something bold. Are you looking for a place where you will have a role in shaping an industry? Then it's time for you to apply to join the pack.
The desired Senior Network Engineer will have a strong background in all aspects of networking technology with a focus on Cisco technology. They will possess excellent written and oral communication skills along with strong interpersonal and leadership abilities. Additionally, they will be highly responsive and responsible for network operations, outages, reports, changes, documentation and optimization. They will utilize and configure Coyote network monitoring software (SolarWinds, InterMapper and others). They will configure, maintain, and be responsible for all network switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, and other network infrastructure components. High degree and sense of ownership.
- Provides technical leadership for Coyote in the area of network connectivity, services, disaster recovery, IT simplification, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, security, products, and support
- Plans medium to large sized systems projects to optimize and remediate network issues
- Monitors network performance ensures capacity planning is performed and is proactive in assessing and making recommendations for timely improvements
- Has the skill sets to design, implement, troubleshoot, and support Cisco routers, switches, firewalls (Checkpoint), access points, load balancers (F5 and NetScaler), WAN accelerators, IDS/IPS, VoIP, and VPN devices
- Works on and remediates complex problems where analysis of situation requires in-depth evaluation of various technical and non-technical factors
- Ability to effectively collaborate and engage various vendors to remediate network issues
- Develops and implements security policies, procedures and measures in a networking environment
- Involved in the continual improvement of the network infrastructure and implementation of new security-based technologies
- Responsible for the prompt resolution of all issues assigned and notifies responsible parties of non-routine problems and issues where assistance is needed
- Design, implement, and troubleshoot layer 2 and 3 connectivity issues related to user access switches, core switch functionality, and issues related to the associated fiber and copper infrastructure
- Design, implement and troubleshoot connectivity issues related to remote links. This includes but is not limited to router failures, router configurations, VPN appliance failures, VPN appliance configuration, carrier circuit issues, and application performance issues
- Works with Systems and Application Support teams to assist with application issues when necessary.
- Participates in special project work with other business groups
- Ability and desire to train others and share documentation
- Provide support after normal business hours and highly responsive to outage notifications and emergency work requests in critical situations. On call is required
- Highly responsive and professional to user community and fellow Coyote's. Applies a sense of urgency to others issues and understands the importance of promptly communicating with users and remediating their issues
- Develops company policies and service procedures to support Coyote's user community, network operations, Service Desk, security and integrity
- Documents support related issues and common tasks performed by local staff and create step by step procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned and required by IT management
- Up to 25% travel depending on organizational, project, or training needs
- A minimum of four years of experience in a Cisco network support role
- A minimum of four years of experience in network implementation and support of large Enterprise networks
- Proven experience may be substituted for certification where appropriate
- Strong technical competency with multiple technologies, concepts, and networking applications
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure devices and WAN technologies
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of TCP/IP protocol function, Ethernet topology, advance routing protocols (i.e. BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP) and Cisco router and switch installation and configuration
- Strong analytic and organizational skills required focusing on attention to detail. Ability to take full ownership of projects and requests
- Must have strong documentation skills and proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Visio, Excel, and Outlook
- Must possess excellent oral and written communications skills. The ability to articulate and express complex technical concepts effectively both verbally and in writing is critical for this position
- Proven ability to collaborate with others while working independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively react and respond to changing situations including the ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines consistently for several concurrent initiatives
- Possess leadership skills along with a strong desire to learn and develop leader skills
Valued Skills & Education:
- Azure Cloud
- CCNP is strongly preferred or equivalent experience.
- Project management experience and/or training a plus.
- Automation mindset – scripting, automation experience
- F5 LTM, ASM, APM
- Checkpoint Firewall
- Cisco Wireless
- Citrix NetScaler
- Onsite training and ongoing career development.
- Competitive pay.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Internal advancement opportunities for high performers.
- Global opportunities.
- Casual dress & many perks.
- Diverse and Inclusive environment.
- Opportunities to impact the world around you through our 360 sustainability initiatives.
Important Notice to US Applicants:
Coyote is an at-will employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please view Equal Opportunity Posters provided by the OFCCP.
Apply on company website