Coventry Village is a beautiful community in Madison, WI, with more than 170 units offering independent living, assisted living, and Alzheimer's care.Key Responsibilities
At this time, we are seeking a Resident Assistant (Memory Care Unit) to join our team for permanent, meaningful employment! As other service organizations close indefinitely under the threat of Covid-19, our mission to serving older adults continues - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you have never considered serving others in senior living or can't afford to be without employment indefinitely, now is the time to consider a career in senior living. We offer guaranteed work hours, competitive pay and benefits, a team-orientated work environment and the ability to make a difference in the lives of others!
Bridge to Rediscovery Staff team members will aid our residents in need of memory care. Responsibilities include:
- Able to perform missing person drill and Bridge to Rediscovery evacuation procedures.
- Able to identify location of the Bridge to Rediscovery policies and procedures and use of.
- Performs Bridge to Rediscovery Neighborhood scheduling for programs care/environment reviewed and demonstrated.
- Able to identify (and articulate) the Bridge to Rediscovery philosophy and mission statement reviewed.
- Utilizes instructions provided for the Bridge to Rediscovery Montessori Based Dementia Programming concepts.
- Utilizes instruction provided to integrate the social, physical, intellectual, emotional aspects of the Montessori Based Dementia Programming into the residents daily service/care plan.
- Able to develop resident specific Montessori Based Dementia Program using comprehensive life review/development of ISP.
- Able to identify the location of the resident service/care plans. Able to discuss plan and rationale with family and new employees
- Able to follow instructions provided for conducting a Montessori Based Dementia Programs (group/individual).
- Review/demonstration of Bridge to Rediscovery dining program concepts, expectations and requirements.
- Able to provide return demonstrations in developing a resident specific program box.
- Able to identify and utilize the 5 categories of Montessori Based Dementia Programs.
- Able to identify environmental safety requirements for Bridge to Rediscovery neighborhood reviewed.
DaytimeAbout Five Star
Five Star Senior Living Inc., a national healthcare and senior living provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating division: Five Star Senior Living and AGEILITY Physical Therapy Solutions.
The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 280 Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. With communities in over 30 states and more than 25,000 team members, Five Star is committed to maximizing our residents' independence and enhancing their lifestyles.
The Ageility division provides both inpatient and outpatient services to over 150 communities. These services are provided both within Five Star and to customers externally. We offer Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Services. Our specialty programs includes our Step up to Stop falls Program, "Connections" our memory care therapy program, and our executive functioning program that focuses on cognitive strategies aimed at keeping our residents independent in areas such as medication management and house hold functions.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee with regard to or on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In addition, Five Star expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. We will not tolerate harassment of employees in the workplace, or in other settings in which employees may find themselves in connection with their employment. Improper interference with the ability of Five Star's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination harassment or retaliation, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any federal, state, or local law is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
Apply on company website