We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! Part of a nation wide family of Continuing Care Retirement Communities is seeking a Maintenance Staff member. The purpose of this position is to help Maintenance Technicians, Skilled and Basic, assure that campus buildings and grounds are well maintained and that all machinery and equipment are kept in good and safe operating condition consistent with Covenant Living's policies and procedures and according to established local, State and Federal regulations.
In this role, the Maintenance Staff member will:
- Cooperate with all other departments to assure that the needs of the residents are being met and that a pleasant working atmosphere is maintained.
- Help prepare residential living units for occupancy.
- Accept and complete work requests that are within experience, training and skill set on a timely basis.
- Assist with resident transfers through levels of care by moving furniture and other personal belongings with assistance of team members.
- Help with or perform basic plumbing and electrical repairs or replacement of parts not requiring a license.
- Help replace air and fluid filters as needed.
- Perform snow and ice removal of parking lots/ walkways.
- Keep parking lots/ walkways free from hazardous conditions.
- Order supplies and parts from approved vendors.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High school education.
- Two years of related experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing to staff, residents and visitors and to follow oral and written directions.
- Dependability, flexibility, motivation and have a willingness to take initiative.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
For more information about Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or www.covenantcareathome.org.
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website