We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! Part of a nation wide family of Covenant Living and Services is seeking a Social Worker. This position is accountable for identifying the social, psychological, spiritual and emotional strengths and needs of residents and the provision of services to meet such needs for all residents on assigned units, thus alleviating the trauma associated with nursing home placement. This position has the responsibility for assuring compliance with the Resident's Bill of Rights, the Patient's Self-Determination Act as well as meeting the requirements of the State and Federal regulations and facility policies and procedures on a continuing basis. This position cooperates with other facility disciplines in the carrying out of responsibilities and assuring that the needs of the residents are being met in a pleasant working atmosphere.
In this role, the Social Worker will:
- Assess the psycho-social strengths and needs of residents on the unit to which the social worker is assigned. Develop and maintain a social history, which becomes a part of the resident's permanent medical record.
- Provide intensive and/or continuing counseling services to residents and families on assigned nursing unit during the adjustment period of placement and thereafter as needed. Assist in orientation of families to the facility.
- Attend and facilitate family conferences, discharge conferences and patient care conferences.
- Maintain an awareness of community resources. Act as a liaison with social, health and community agencies. Coordinate discharge planning, transfers and room changes of residents for whom it is appropriate.
- Serve as an advocate for residents, including those instances in which appointment of a legal conservator, guardian, durable power of attorney or trustee is appropriate.
- Complete required documentation, including MDS and quarterly summaries.
- Serve as a member of the admissions committee. Participate in other committees and attend meetings, which have a direct impact on quality care for residents.
- Assist as needed in marketing the facility to prospective residents, their families and the community at large. Maintain communication and positive working relationships with referral sources. Demonstrate an attitude of customer service in all situations.
- Develop and facilitate education/support groups as requested.
- Complete necessary social service paperwork on admission and/or as needed, i.e. PSDA. Residents Bill of Rights, facility policies and electronic submission of MDS data, etc.
- Provide in-service education on PSDA requirements advance directives, resident's rights, etc.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
For more information about Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or www.covenantcareathome.org.
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website