We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! Making a difference in the lives of others – that's what working at Covenant Living Communities is all about. Our healthcare professionals have the opportunity each and every day to make a difference in the lives of older adults. From improving our residents' quality of life, to creating peace of mind for them and their families, our team members know that as a part of our community, they are changing lives. Covenant Living, the nation's sixth-largest nonprofit senior living provider, is seeking qualified candidates for Director of Nursing (DON) to help in fulfilling our common purpose: to create joy and peace of mind for our residents and their families by creating a better way of life. Join our organization, where teamwork, respect, and service is part of our everyday environment and build your health care career in a supportive, faith-based community.
This position is accountable for planning, organizing, directing and evaluating the Nursing Department in order to provide resident care in accordance with the philosophy and policies of Covenant Living, standards of practice and the regulations established by State and Federal law. In cooperation with all other department managers to assure that the needs of the residents are being met and that a professional working atmosphere is maintained.
In this role, the Director of Nursing will:
- Develop, direct, implement, oversee and delegate nursing department functions including but not limited to resident care, nurse staffing and survey management.
- Participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of the nursing services operating plan / budget.
- Coordinate and establish relationships with other departments, interdisciplinary team, outside consultants, outside partners and third-party reimbursement staff to insure continuity of care.
- Consult with the Medical Director on a regular basis, minimum of monthly.
- Monitor the purchasing function and insures availability of supplies and equipment.
- Represent the campus in professional and community activities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor of Science degree in nursing preferred
- Currently licensed as s Registered Nurse in the State of Oklahoma.
- A minimum of 4 years of success in a leadership role, in an acute, sub-acute or longer term care setting.
- Devotion to standards and principles of professional nursing and the ability to supervise and motivate employees.
- Skill in assessing problems, planning and evaluating solutions in relationship to management of staff and resident needs.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
For more information about Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or www.covenantcareathome.org.
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website