We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! This position is responsible for overall leadership and direction of the Facilities Management Department. This comprehensive role includes maintenance, grounds, housekeeping, laundry, capital projects, renovating living units, security and fleet vehicles. This position assists administration in the strategic planning and accreditation processes as it pertains to the facilities and physical plant of the campus. In addition, this position represents the campus and provides oversight and coordination of some or all aspects of construction as directed by the project development department, supervising vice president or the executive director. The facilities management director is responsible for assuring compliance with all applicable local, state and federal statutes and conformance with campus safety programs. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Facilities Maintenance and Operations
Maintenance - Design, implement and monitor a routine maintenance system that:
- Responds to all staff and resident work requests and the appropriate follow up,
- Communicates regularly, and transparently, with residents regarding progress on work and any additional fees
- Achieves closure on all requests
- Understands the project life cycle from concepts, schematics, design, construction documents, bidding documents and construction to closeout.
- Manages a comprehensive preventative maintenance program
Grounds - Develop, implement and monitor systems and processes to assure high quality and efficient grounds maintenance / landscaping services.
Capital Assets - Oversee inventory and controls use of supplies and equipment, and assures equipment is maintained in good working condition. Records and catalogs the specifications, warranties and details for all equipment on campus.
Safety and Security - Assumes leadership role in maintaining safety standards both within the department, and throughout the campus via the Safety Committee. Ensure safety standards within the department providing proper and thorough orientation and ongoing in-service training for staff in safety practices. Correct unsafe conditions and practices to the extent possible within the accountability of the position and report all other unsafe conditions to administration. Maintains life safety compliance throughout the campus.
Refurb – Direct the apartment-renovation program for new and existing residents working within the timelines established by sales and administration. Coordinate work with outside contractors and in-house maintenance staff. Interact with residents, prospective residents, and various departments to assure that all requests get properly addressed.
Housekeeping and Laundry - Establish and monitor standards for the daily operation of the housekeeping and laundry departments, including staffing levels and policies and procedures. Monitor changes in the regulatory requirements. Prepare staff for state surveys by implementing and training on all policies and procedures. Establish and monitor effective quality control systems specializing in infection control and compliance.
Capital Asset Planning and Management
- Responsible for completion of all Capital projects as outlined in integrated strategic plans and multi-year capital year plans.
- Provide an ongoing review of the condition in regards to the physical plant. Record capital needs for 10 year-projection in the maintenance management software program.
- Participate in capital forecasting exercises involving the planning, budgeting and appropriation of resources for capital purchases in accordance to our policies.
- Monitors capital forecasts to assure that there is adequate funding/reserves for anticipated expenditures to maintain the physical assets of campus.
- Make recommendations during planning stages on facility mechanical systems and other systems, products and materials used during construction of new or existing facilities.
Manage Facilities Management Teams and Staff
- Manages multiple levels of workers to develop and facilitate growth within the department, relate professionally and positively to facility and departmental staff and to work cooperatively with others at all levels.
- Train, support, develop and establish annual goals and workflow for direct reports.
- Meets with individual staff to review and discuss job performance, goals and objectives in a timely, efficient and effective manner. Provides timely performance appraisals. Provides constructive coaching throughout the year.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, evaluation, progressive discipline and termination of all facilities management personnel in collaboration with administration and human resources.
Vendor and Contract Management
- Maintain current maintenance service contracts and enforces quality and timely service. Contracts include but are not limited to; disposal, elevator, emergency generator, lawn cutting/landscaping/snow removal, life safety equipment, security and window cleaning.
- In collaboration with corporate purchasing staff, participate in the identification, selection, and negotiation of vendors for capital-related services. Ensures compliance with corporate negotiated vendors.
Required Degree: Bachelor's degree
Preferred Degree: Master's degree
- Facilities related certifications are preferred
- 10+ years of experience in building, facilities, and / or project management.
- Experience supervising, motivating, leading and directing a staff.
- Experience in construction management, life safety/compliance, engineering or business acumen is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- General knowledge of building systems required.
- Must have the ability to read blueprints, CAD drawings, and utilize a Facilities' Management Software tool.
- Must have proficient computer skills to communicate and utilize management tools.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and communicate throughout multiple levels of an organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to demonstrate a genuine interest and knowledge of senior adults and a desire to support the overall mission and objectives of Covenant Living Communities and Services
- Ability to relate well to others and understand customer service and team building concepts.
- Knowledge of facilities systems, building materials, and facilities products.
- Must have experience in capital planning and management
- Must have experience with healthcare regulatory agencies with governing jurisdiction (e.g., CMS, CDC, DPH, etc.)
- Must have a basic understanding of housekeeping and laundry staffing and practices within a healthcare setting relating to infection control and compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to indirectly manage multiple teams and work groups across multiple facilities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others across departments and levels of organization.
- Must have a valid state driver's license and a good driving record, as this role at times may require operation of company vehicles.
- Job demands a variety of physical duties including office work, exposure to outside environment, unpleasant conditions, and occasional physical exertion. Considered light to medium duty work. Mobility is necessary to move about the facility and campus.
- Occasional handling of lightweight materials and physical ability to use the telephone, computer and keyboard, printer and other office equipment.
- Lifting or moving materials of up to 50 pounds may be necessary.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
For more information about Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or www.covenantcareathome.org.
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website