We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! Making a difference in the lives of others – that's what working at Covenant Living s is all about. Our healthcare professionals have the opportunity each and every day to make a difference in the lives of older adults. From improving our residents' quality of life, to creating peace of mind for them and their families, our team members know that as a part of our community, they are changing lives. Covenant Living, the nation's sixth-largest nonprofit senior living provider, is seeking qualified candidates for Assistant Director of Nursing to help in fulfilling our common purpose: to create joy and peace of mind for our residents and their families by creating a better way of life. Join our organization, where teamwork, respect, and service is part of our everyday environment and build your health care career in a supportive, faith-based community.
This position is responsible for the clinical supervision in the nursing department to insure high standards of care are being delivered in accordance with established policies and procedures and federal and state regulations. Supports the Director of Nursing and will assume functions of the Director of Nursing in his/her absence.
In this role, the Assistant Director of Nursing will:
- Take responsibility for clinical supervision in the nursing department to insure high standards of care are being delivered in accordance with established policies and procedures and federal and state regulations.
- Support the Director of Nursing and will assume functions of the Director of Nursing in his/her absence.
- Assist the nurse managers in decisions regarding nursing care.
- Function as Infection Control Practitioner, QA and restorative lead of the facility.
- Helps coordinate educational offerings for the nursing department.
- Participate in Medicare and Insurance assessments, completing worksheets and evaluating conditions and cover ability.
- Monitor and track MDS schedules and therapy minutes for billing.
- Participate in staff oversight including interviewing and hiring, as well as evaluations and discipline of staff.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An RN nursing degree in the State is required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in nursing, preferred.
- Two years of success in a leadership role, in an acute, sub-acute or longer term care setting, required.
- Current license, in good standing, as a Registered Nurse in the state of Illinois, required.
- Strong time management, self motivation and organizational skills.
- Excellent skills in assessing problems, planning and evaluating solutions.
- Computer and technological literacy, required.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
For more information about Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or www.covenantcareathome.org.
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website