The CVRU Registered Nurse demonstrates excellent customer service performance and supports a work environment in that his/her attitude and actions are at all times consistent with the standards contained in the Vision, Mission and Values of Covenant HealthCare, and the commitment to Keeping our Promise of Caring.
The CVRU RN works under the supervision of the Manager and Unit Coordinator. This individual is responsible and accountable for assisting the patient to move as rapidly, uneventfully, safely and effectively as possible through hospitalization. The CVRU RN prescribes, delegates, supervises and gives patient care; plans for patient education and discharge; and provides for patient safety and quality. He/she performs other duties as assigned.
Contributes to organization success targets for patient satisfaction and net operating margin.
• Models Covenant's Mission, Vision and Values of “Keeping Our Promise of Caring” and Commitment to Service.
• Demonstrates excellent customer service in attitude and actions at all times consistent with the Code of Conduct.
• Clinical contact with patients in the adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups
• Ability to appropriately assess, care for and treat patients according to the age-appropriate care guidelines as defined by Covenant Healthcare
Using the nursing process, critical thinking, department standards and unit specific competencies, the RN:
• Completes admission assessment and identified outcomes.
• Writes nursing orders.
• Delegates nursing care.
• Evaluates nursing care.
• Reassesses patient.
• Supervises nursing care.
• Plans discharge.
• Plans, provides and delegates patient/family education.
• Collaborates effectively with all health care disciplines to facilitate patient outcomes.
• Effectively communicates patient care needs/expectations/priorities with team members.
• Functions as a responsible team member.
• Acts as resource/educator for team members.
• Performs departmental projects as required.
• Documents on all hospital and department records as required.
• Maintains professional standards by actively participating in continuing education activities, patient outcome activities and inservices related to area of practice and age(s) of patient population.
• Attends/participates in unit meetings.
• Maintains glucose, ACT and NIH Stroke Scale certifications.
• Adheres to unit/department policies, procedures and unit structure standards.
• Maintains confidentiality in relation to patients, families and the organization.
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with patients, families and coworkers.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Smiles, makes eye contact, and says hello
• Puts a smile in their voice on the phone
• Takes people where they need to go
• Is courteous to everyone
• Takes pride in Covenant – keeps it clean
• Offers help and asks, “What else can I do?”
• Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
• Current Michigan licensure to practice as an RN
• Current BLS and ACLS Provider Certification
• Critical care experience
• Current experience with pre and post cardiac catheterization patients
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities
• Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac catheterization lab or special procedures
• Basic computer skills
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with patients, families and co-workers
• Demonstrates an awareness of and assumes self-responsibility for working within the scope of the CVRU RN role
• Demonstrates the ability to remain calm during high work volume and crisis situations
• Demonstrates the ability to problem-solve and prioritize unit needs independently, efficiently and effectively
Working Conditions/ Physical Demands
Constant walking, hearing, near vision, midrange vision, far vision, depth perception, visual accomodation, color vision, field of vision.
Constant lifting up to 10 lbs.
Frequent standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, stooping, twisting, reaching, handling, finger dexterity, feeling, talking.
Frequent lifting up to 50 lbs.
Occasionally sitting, carrying, climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, squatting, crawling, tasting/smelling.
Occasionally lifting 100 lbs. or more
Not present reclining.
NOTICE REGARDING LATEX SENSITIVITY IN APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT.
It has been determined that Covenant HealthCare cannot provide a latex safe or latex free work environment at any of its facilities. Unfortunately, that means that any individual, including an applicant or an employee, is likely to be exposed to latex while on Covenant's premises. Therefore, latex tolerance is considered to be an essential function for any position with Covenant.
Apply on company website