Covance's work in developing new pharmaceutical solutions has an incredible impact on millions of lives worldwide. Be a part of this life-saving work. Help improve patients' lives while growing your career.
We have a great opportunity for a Veterinary Technician at our Somerset, New Jersey facility. Our ideal candidate has a background in veterinary services, and is looking for an opportunity to apply those skills on a variety of animals in a research setting.
In this role you will perform basic veterinary laboratory procedures including but not limited to;
- Perform veterinary treatments. Monitor the health and welfare of animals currently under veterinary care, document observations and perform follow up observations
- Maintain and organize animal veterinary records and associate study data, with attention to details and to GLP and USDA compliant standards
- Observe the health and welfare of all facility animals and provide a proactive approach to veterinary care
- Collect diagnostic radiographs as needed
- Perform bi-annual RODAC and drinking water samples for analysis and maintain records
- Collect biological samples from various species for analysis as needed
- Coordinate rodent serology program with Rodent Toxicology group
- Integrate and work well with other departments
- Maintains veterinary supplies inventory
- Play a major role in the Environmental Enrichment program, which covers all species, including behavior and socialization of nonhuman primates
- Ensures that duties are performed according to protocol requirements and adheres to the guidelines of Standard Operation Procedures (SOP), Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), the USDA and the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals
- Posting requires occasional weekend coverage, Overtime often available
- Bachelor degree in Life Sciences, Associate degree in Laboratory Animal Technology or Associate degree in Veterinary Technology. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory setting with laboratory animals
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to accurately read and record information.
- 1+ years animal experience preferred
Apply on company website