Get ready to redefine what's possible and discover your extraordinary potential at Covance. Here, you'll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples' lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you'll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
We have a great opportunity for a Clinical Veterinarian to join our team in Somerset, NJ. This role provides laboratory animal medical and surgical care by examination, treatment and advice to ensure adequate and humane veterinary support.
Covance's work in developing new therapeutics has an incredible impact on the lives of millions worldwide. Be a part of this life-saving work.
- Provide laboratory animal medical and surgical care by examination, treatment and advice to ensure adequate and humane veterinary support, with minimal supervision/mentoring.
- Assist supervisor to ensure that company policies and practices regarding animal care and welfare are in compliance with relevant regulations.
- Assist in training of staff including
- Serve on the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee, as needed.
- Performs physical examinations of laboratory animals as indicated in protocols and SOP.
- Report all animal care concerns and become involved in the resolution and appropriate corrective action, when necessary.
- Participates in client conference calls and visits.
- Manages projects and complex cases independently.
- Develops skills related to client-requested veterinary procedures (e.g., skin biopsies, bone marrow samples, CSF collection, anesthesia techniques).
- Mentors veterinary technical and animal operations staff.
- Learn to provide scientific expertise on animal health, biology, physiology, and research methodology to staff scientists and technicians.
- Graduate of AVMA accredited veterinary school or equivalent.
- For USA positions only: must have a veterinary license in at least one state and ability to obtain a license and USDA accreditation in New Jersey within 6 months.
- Minimum 1 year of veterinary clinical experience preferred.
- Knowledge of small and large animals used in research.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory setting with laboratory animals.
Apply on company website