Senior leadership role with US regional responsibility for development, delivery and maintenance of high quality veterinary services and standards of animal care and use programs in full compliance with animal welfare regulatory and accreditation requirements. Responsible for creation and delivery of excellent customer relationships in relation to all animal health and welfare matters and for developing and leading a high performance team of veterinarians and animal welfare experts. All activities in alignment with global Animal Welfare and Veterinary Services (AWVS) long term objectives.
- Develop, direct and review the delivery of world class veterinary and animal welfare services that contribute to the successful implementation of early development strategy and generate high customer satisfaction.
- Lead a high performing team of animal welfare experts and laboratory animal veterinarians in the USA by focusing on agreed objectives delivery, developing leadership capacity and promoting and providing adequate continuing professional education.
- As a member of the Global AWVS leadership team, actively contribute to the development and delivery of the global AWVS strategy and objectives.
- As an active and full member of the expanded early development management Team, actively contribute to the implementation of early development global strategies.
- Promote high standards of care and animal welfare regulatory compliance in partnership with counterparts in Operations.
- Monitor animal welfare performance and regulatory compliance in the USA in partnership with Animal Welfare and Compliance Officer and manage issue resolution in partnership with counterparts in Operations, Study Direction, Animal Supply and QA.
- Ensure any animal welfare issues or trends that represent regulatory/reputation risk to the business are appropriately escalated and managed with CAWO/Global Head AWVS.
- Manage the animal-related vendor audit program in the USA in partnership with QA to assure animal quality and ensure alignment with global SOP on vendor and supplier qualification and audits.
- In partnership with Legal and Compliance partners keep abreast of all changes in animal regulatory landscape in the USA and identify opportunities for influencing changes and manage implementation as agreed.
- Champion an inclusive culture of care in the USA and globally, drive innovations in the 3Rs and promote participation to Covance global 3Rs Awards Program in partnership with the Animal Welfare and Compliance Officer and Operations Leaders.
- Develop collaborative relationships with prioritized customers in the USA and globally to support the Commercial team, maintaining awareness of customer expectations, promptly responding to their feedback and concerns and actively engaging with Commercial and Marketing partners.
- Propose and develop opportunities for promoting and improving Covance standards of animal care and use and their continuing enhancement through webinars, scientific meeting. presentations and publications in partnership with early development, Commercial and Marketing partners.
- Lead active participation of USA AWVS team to ensure successful annual animal risk management process.
- Actively contribute to the AWVS global program of transparency and outreach in education, research and advocacy.
- Maintain contemporary knowledge on laboratory animal welfare and medicine and advise on external trends and innovations in animal welfare standards.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and duties.
- Diplomate ECLAM/ACLAM
- Licensed or eligible to be licensed to work as a veterinarian in the US
- Minimum 15 years of experience in Laboratory Animal Medicine
Apply on company website