Are you looking for a role that will expand your career in Aquatic Ecotoxicology & Biodegradation?
Do you have the skills and experience to liaise with clients on a variety of studies?
Do you want to work for a Scientific company that is a world leader in Pharmaceutical and Environmental development?
This role is to perform and ensure that studies are conducted to agreed schedules by liaising with key staff involved in study conduct and maintaining an awareness of all aspects of the studies ensuring that a Study Plan is prepared, approved and implemented.
Informing the Sponsor of study progress and preparing study reports that accurately reflect the raw data obtained.
Ensure suitable levels of compliance of all laboratory data, documentation and procedures conducted within the department and satisfy the requirements of GLP and Company SOPs.
These studies can be carried out on a number of species including fish, invertebrates, amphibians and aquatic plants.
As a Study Manager at Covance your main responsibilities will be:
- To ensure that the agreed timelines are consistent with the Sponsors needs and/or agreed company start up times. To hold study start-up meetings, to ensure all key staff are conversant with all aspects of the study and to resolve any issues before treatment is started, to prevent unnecessary use of animals where applicable
- To ensure that test and control items have been suitably tested for identity, stability etc. and that all necessary technical data regarding known toxicity, hazards of the test item or related materials have been obtained from literature searches
- Monitor the status of observations made during the study and ensure the responses are fully documented
- To review all data to ensure its accuracy. To ensure that the study is compliant with Good Laboratory Practice and that suitable responses/actions are made following Quality Assurance Audit
- To be aware of the study status, anticipate problems that may affect the schedule date, purpose or integrity of the study. To make interim decisions regarding necessary amendments, to document such changes and to agree them with the Study Sponsor. To communicate with the Sponsor and Departmental and Project Management as required with particular regard to problem areas which may affect completion date or content of the study
- To inform the Sponsor of the results as soon as possible after the study completion date. To prepare draft and final reports ensuring the report is concisely and accurately written, reflects the raw data and includes all relevant information
- To maintain the computerised monitoring system for studies such that the information is up to date to enable study monitoring by their supervisors and other departments such as Quality Assurance
- Where appropriate co-ordinating the supply of animals, test vessels and equipment in conjunction with other members of staff thereby ensuring their availability for study start up
- To maintain close verbal liaison with other staff concerning study activities, welfare of organisms and general housekeeping
- Being aware of all experimental equipment in use and ensuring that all technicians are adequately trained in its use
- To be fully aware of the Codes of Practice relating to use of laboratory animals
If you are professional, forward thinking, enthusiastic and highly motivated, then we want you to join us!Education/Qualifications:
- Relevant degree or higher
- Experience in aquatic or biodegradation studies or strong knowledge of environmental endocrine studies
- Experience of liaising with clients/sponsors
- Ability to liaise with other departments to ensure deadlines are achieved
Apply on company website