Discover new opportunities to grow your career as a Medical Director!
Are you ready to redefine what's possible, and discover your extraordinary potential at Covance? A career here provides the unique chance to create a lasting impact and difference in our patient's lives. Joining our team will offer you a rewarding career, an opportunity to work in a high-energy & collaborative workplace, along with access to comprehensive benefits. Your work will be meaningful, the patient outcomes are real, and the results are lasting. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you'll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Our mission is to help our clients bring the miracles of medicine to market sooner -- join us for your next career move.
Reporting to the Vice President and Global Therapeutic Area Head, the primary role of the incumbent will be to provide subject matter and drug development expertise in support of clinical drug development trials. He/She will be expected to be a key contributor to the medical strategy and execution of clinical programs. Furthermore, the Medical Director will play a key role in client relations, business development representing Covance in proposals and industry meetings, and potentially people leadership/management as needed.
This is a remote home-based role in the US, with primarily regional travel, with occasional global as needed.
Trials or Projects of focus will be relating to: Diabetes, NASH, Fatty Liver Disease, and/or Lipid Studies
Additional key responsibilities include;
- Medical and safety monitoring; Medical data review
- Develop, review, and revise protocols, CRF, training materials, code/data tables, listing and figures
- Actively participates and assists in preparations for investigator meetings
- Participates in project risk assessment activities
- Provides clinical and medical expertise to other Covance departments
- Contributes to the scientific strategic leadership for a given therapeutic area
- Participation in bid defense and kick off meetings
- MD degree
- Relevant sub specialty fellowship training a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel up to 20% both domestically and internationally
- A minimum of 5 years clinical research experience within a Pharma or CRO environment
- Previous experience in medical practice/patient care
- Experience supporting clinical trials
- Board Certification a plus
Apply on company website