We are currently in search of an experienced Senior Business Development Director. The Senior Business Development Director. for our FSP group that will be able to present and promote services and solutions to potential clients including new accounts, new business opportunities at existing accounts, and new marketing opportunities with the objective of establishing long term, mutually beneficial business partnerships. Successful candidates will be self-starters, with responsibilities and talents not limited to the following:
- Achieves annual sales plan and sales targets for assigned accounts.
- Establishes, nurtures and grows client relationships at the appropriate levels.
- Develops account plans and partnerships with key accounts.
- Provides weekly sales activity reports to management.
- Develops client call cycle to achieve objectives and sales plan; Follows up on leads.
- Provides general intelligence on key competitors.
- Sells the business unit's capabilities and differentiation frameworks.
- Recognizes and communicates sales opportunities for other business units.
- Sets and manages customer expectations.
- Collaborates with companywide resources to achieve superior customer satisfaction.
- Organizes and hosts client visits.
- Evaluates quotations for territory and provides inputs to ensure client and company requirements are met.
- Uses SFDC to manage internal communication and document territory and client information as required for the business unit.
- Responsible for Opportunity Management and accurate pipeline forecasting.
- Collaborates effectively with sales executives from other Covance units to bring potential opportunities to their attention and to identify and win multi-unit projects.
- Assists in determining margins and pricing with Client Services.
- Participates in proposal scope development as appropriate.
- Maintains frequent personal contact with clients.
- Participates in corporate teams to build relationships with key accounts.
- Leads client presentations.
- Supports an established client base where appropriate.
- Advanced industry knowledge
- Demonstrated client retention skills
- Ability to manage difficult client and/or financial situations
- Ability to differentiate Covance from competitors
- Strong working relationship with internal Covance management and site leadership
- Demonstrated ability to acquire and grow client base
- Bachelors degree in life science or business field preferred
- 5+ years sales (or relevant) experience selling services directly to the pharmaceutical and biotech section with direct interaction with mid-level and executive level decision makers
Apply on company website