We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated and driven individual who is knowledgeable and skilled in software quality assurance practices and methodologies, preferably in the data and life sciences domain.
As a key member of the Informatics team, successful candidate will be responsible for implementing and overseeing industry-accepted best practices to test and validate software applications that are part of our award-winning Xcellerate® Clinical Trial Optimization suite.
We are seeking individual who has obsession with quality and efficiency, and the desire to optimize processes to ensure highest software quality with the use of modern tools and technologies. Successful candidate will also have strong communication skills, keen interest in learning clinical development methods, and will be able to partner effectively with the application development teams and business stakeholders.
The desired profile will have clinical domain knowledge or will have a desire and proven ability to learn. Strong organizational skills and adherence to documentation needs for maintaining system validation in a highly regulated environment will be essential. Ability to work independently and under pressure, problem solving skills, can-do attitude, respect for timelines and collaborative mindset will be a key to success on the job.
- Design, setup and maintain automated testing processes for Xcellerate product development and support.
- Create an automation test bed, configure testing tools for all products based on current test scripts and processes and generate automated reports conforming to Covance's quality standards using industry best practices.
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally.
- Work with project teams to identify test requirements and design testing phases to meet system needs; prepare test strategy documents and cost estimates for application development efforts; manage project's QA activities to ensure on time and within budget delivery of quality products.
- Design and document test plans and test case specifications for applications.
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated).
- Perform application, functional, usability, performance load/stress, & user acceptance tests.
- Identify and document software faults and interact with development staff to isolate and resolve testing issues.
- Validate, document and track product functionality/open defects across releases.
- Help drive the implementation of Covance's SDLC methodology; enforce quality assurance testing methodologies, procedures and practices.
- Ensure continuing compliance of product releases with applicable system validation and regulatory requirements.
- Support internal and external audits.
- Lead, manage and mentor a QC team spread across multiple locations and time zones including vendor partners.Education/Qualifications:
- Degree in computer science, life sciences, engineering or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience in QA/QC capacity with enterprise-grade software applications.
- Experience and expertise in one of the following platforms is a must: Selenium, HPE UFT or similar.
Desired Skills, Experience and Qualities
- Experience and expertise in technical/programming skills: Java, Python, C# or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with clinical development domain experts and IT professionals.
- Familiarity with clinical systems and processes is strongly desired.
- Good understanding of database systems (both relational and NoSQL) and strong practical knowledge of SQL.
- Ability to read, understand and write computer code for testing purposes.
- Strong interest in learning new systems and technologies.
- Expert trouble-shooting skills for data systems.
- Obsessive attention to detail.
- Humility, team spirit, and a constructive, enabling and nurturing ego.
Apply on company website