Are you looking to start a career as an In Vivo Scientist?
Do you want to work on a variety of studies in Safety Pharmacology?
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a global organisation who strive to make a difference to peoples' everyday lives by bringing essential products to the market?
If so, then read on!
As one of the world's premier Contract Research Organisations, Covance's mission is to help build a healthier and safer world by providing research services for a multitude of organisations.
The Pharmacology Department based in Alconbury, Huntingdon is looking to recruit a Scientist to perform and train to Study Direct a variety of in vivo safety and discovery studies. You will support and work closely with the Study Directors as well as collate, analyse, summarise and interpret the data.
Main responsibilities include:
- Performing a wide range of pharmacological in vivo techniques complying with the United Kingdom Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 and the associated Codes of Practice for the Housing and Care of the Animals used in Scientific Procedures
- Performing pre-clinical studies according to the study plans, and Standard Operating Procedure(s) (SOP)
- Assisting in the design / customisation of study plans for the development of animal models for Sponsors
- Preparing accurate, high quality scientific reports
- Analysing and reporting experimental data to Sponsors and internal stakeholders
- Training to Study Direct efficacy and safety pharmacology studies including study plan generation, in life execution, data analysis and reporting
- Identifying appropriate animal models for commercial development to support respiratory efficacy studies
- Maintaining high quality, accurate records in accordance with the appropriate regulatory standards of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
What Covance can offer you:
- A competitive salary together with a comprehensive benefits package including health cover and pension
- Unsurpassed career development opportunities supported by exceptional people from across the globe with an energized purpose
- Ability to work on a variety of studies and models
- BSc in Pharmacology or equivalent scientific discipline
- Knowledge of Safety Pharmacology and/or Respiratory Disease Pharmacology along with experience of in vivo techniques preferred
- Home Office Licence Holder is advantageous
- Strong team player
- Excellent attention to detail with strong communication skills
- Previous experience working in a GLP laboratory is desirable
Apply on company website