Analyzes biological or chemical samples and/or develops/validates methodologies for various compounds and components in compliance with appropriate standard operating procedures (SOPs) and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Organizes, conducts and evaluates analytical results and testing.
- Maintains study documentation and laboratory records.
- Independently sets-up, maintains, operates and performs routine and non-routine maintenance on general equipment, including problem identification and resolution.
- Performs quality control review of data.
- Informs Study Director, Principal Investigator and/or management of any problems and/or deviations that may affect integrity of the data; participates in corrective action of problems.
- Promotes a cohesive team environment.
- With supervisory assistance, assures technical staff compliance to SOPs and other regulatory agency guidelines.
- Assists in setting up and performing method development and validation of various analytics in a variety of matrices.
- Performs complex analyses using unfamiliar or new methods, asking for scientific guidance as needed.
- Makes suggestions for modifications in test methods or procedures.
- Provides input and participates in project meetings, plans, monitors and guides project work.
- With supervisory assistance, serves as a lead chemist on projects, overseeing a small group of technical staff.
- Trains, mentors, and assists less experienced staff.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Participates in new equipment and instrument assessment and qualification, as appropriate.
- Participates in client visits as needed, assists in communicating technical information.
- Participates in process improvement initiatives.
- Assists in evaluation of data for incorporation into written reports.
- Effectively plans and utilizes personnel and resources for timely completion of assigned projects.
- Assists in writing reports and protocols.
- Writes SOPs and methods.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science/Arts (BS/BA) degree in chemistry or related scientific field
- Relevant Bioanalytical experience may be substituted for education
- Ability to perform basic computer skills (e.g., Word, Excel).
- 3-4 years related or relevant laboratory experience required with a BS/BA degree
- Familiar with the use of standard laboratory equipment (e.g., balances, pipettes, centrifuges).
- Experience with analytical instrumentation is desired.
- Independently conduct tests for chemistry projects and provide initial analysis of results, asking questions as needed.
- Acts as a technical resource for the department (trouble shooting, method development, qualification, maintenance and training) with guidance as needed.
- Maintains and operates laboratory equipment, including independent problem identification and resolution.
- Evaluates data for incorporation into written reports.
- Completes project assignments on time with supervision.
- Knowledgeable on a variety of study types, analysis procedures and methodology.
- Able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
Apply on company website