Covance is hiring a Lab Assistant - Contingent/Temporary role (1st Shift) to join the Genomics team in Indianapolis, IN.
The Lab Assistant I will perform duties of Lab Assistant I in addition to the following additional duties:
- Performs some maintenance of small equipment according to manufacturer and SOP requirements and documented according to SOP.
- Provides support to testing personnel in preparation for sample analysis
- Retrieve and check specimens against pending list. Document and resolve any specimen discrepancies.
- Notify laboratory management when specimen discrepancies are not resolved.
- Work to achieve partnership with internal customers by:
- Pulling data in a timely manner for leadership team.
- Research and respond in a timely manner to internal customer inquiries regarding status of test results, retrieval of samples for testing/storage, and other needs.
- May assist in review of new or revised SOPs circulated for peer review.
- May perform inventory (counts, documents) of lab and office supplies, and orders additional supplies as approved by management.
- Assists in training new employees and follows-up to ensure training is understood.
- Assist with timely implementation of new equipment and instruments.
- Introduces and helps develop improvement ideas for the group, with senior personnel or management.
- Takes action for the department when additional responsibilities and opportunities are presented.
- Other duties as assigned.
U.S.: Associates Degree; experience may be substituted for education.
♦ No prior experience required; prefer lab experience.
♦ Excellent customer service skills including attention to detail, accuracy, confidentiality, and effective communication skills.
♦ Ability to identify and communicate customer service needs.
♦ Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines effectively.
♦ Effective communication skills.
♦ Excellent documentation skills.
♦ Experience with office software applications (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
Apply on company website