Play a pivotal role in the drug development process and grow your career
Are you interested in making a real scientific impact through your everyday work? Are you looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to work in a variety of areas? Would you enjoy working in a team-focused environment as you explore unique career opportunities?
If you are looking for a company where you can gain exposure to a wide variety of science and explore a multitude of career paths across the drug development spectrum, consider working at Covance as a Histotechnologist. In this role, you will handle human tissue, performing sectioning, staining, embedding and grossing procedures. In addition, you will label and route specimens to the correct department or second laboratory; sample pre-analytic, analytic and post-analytic processing; and conduct tissue slide staining, both automated platforms and manual, for routine and special stains and bone decalcification.
This position is located out of our Indianapolis, Indiana facility. Relocation assistance is available. Work hours are Monday through Friday, first shift, with some Saturdays required on a rotational basis.Education/Qualifications:
What we're looking for...
Histotechnologists are the most successful at Covance with:
- At least an Associate's degree in science (or successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Histotechnology course) with a minimum of 6 months of working experience as a Histotechnologist with sectioning and embedding skills
- Preferred: A Bachelor's degree in science along with 6 months of working experience in Histotechnology with sectioning, staining, embedding and grossing skills
- ASCP certification or a willingness to obtain, with financial assistance, within 3-6 months
- A minimum of 6 months of working experience as a Histotechnologist with sample handling/accessioning experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with excellent attention to detail and documentation skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Proven organization skills to successfully complete daily tasks and manager workload effectively
Thrive personally and professionally at Covance
Benefit from our experience generating more clinical trial data than any other central laboratory in the world. You'll gain exposure to our cutting-edge automated testing systems in a growing department while conducting tests that help advance life-changing medicines.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package. This includes 24 days of personal time off, 7 paid holidays, medical and dental insurance as well as tuition reimbursement, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, along with short and long-term disability and life insurance.
Why Histotechnologists choose to work at Covance
- Make a direct impact in the lives of patients
- Access to a variety of studies and laboratory instrumentation
- Advanced education and training opportunities
- Exposure to a fast-paced global testing environment
- Partner with and learn from supportive colleagues and industry leaders
- Open up new opportunities for career growth
Ready to join us? Let's get started.
Apply on company website