Labcorp Drug Development is currently looking for a Necropsy Supervisor to join our growing Necropsy team in Somerset, NJ. Labcorp's work in developing new pharmaceutical solutions has an incredible impact on the lives of millions worldwide. Join us & be a part of this life-saving work!
- Schedules and coordinates proactively and in conjunction with other groups or departments the daily activities of the group and liaises with other groups, sections and departments. Organizes necessary resources for conducting all relevant study or non-study related tasks and participates in the study performance.
- Assures appropriate communication within the group, particularly for dissemination of information (i.e.Study progress, Facility procedures, Quality, Health and Safety, Business Updates and any other departmental or company communications)
- Understands and interprets study plans and identifies problems resulting from the study plan or during study conduct and takes appropriate action.
- Optimizes existing and develops new techniques, methods for study conduct or non-study specific areas and supports their application.
- Plans, organizes and participates in meetings (i.e. study start-up meetings, coordination meetings)
- Performs quality controls, assures corrections of errors (incl. documentation) identifies potential problems and optimizes the quality control system.
- Ensures maintenance of instruments and equipment is performed (i.e. maintenance, validation and calibration), ensures that non-performing equipment is removed and may maintain inventory lists and ensures replacement or new purchase on time.
- Responsible for constructive responses to reports and questions from Study Direction, QAU, EH&S, clients or regulatory agencies in a timely manner. Performs corrective actions when needed.
- Provides for safety and welfare of staff and supports/enforces Environmental Health and Safety Policies
- May be asked to participate in global working groups.
- Takes responsibility for certain areas (e.g. laboratory or animal areas, equipment, methods, inventory of supplies, disposal, etc).
- Reports all animal welfare concerns and becomes involved in the resolution and appropriate corrective action, when necessary.
- Provides support, training and guidance for less experienced staff.
- Learn our cost structure and how to proactively impact it.Participates in meetings, inspections or client visits.
- Works under occasional supervision.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree and prior leadership experience is preferred.
- Experience may be substituted for educational requirements
- 3 Years of experience in related professional roles required.
- Previous GLP experience highly preferred
Apply on company website