The Supervisor is responsible for providing oversight to a team of approximately eight to twelve technicians in the conduct of Toxicology studies with lab animals. Will be responsible for the conduct and management of selected studies assigned to the Animal Operations group.
- Coordinates the accurate scheduling of rooms, animals, personnel, and equipment
- Ownership and oversight of the overall daily condition of the vivarium and ensuring the facility is always inspection ready.
- Liaison with other departments to ensure that room maintenance is performed routinely and in a timely manner.
- Follows and ensures that team members follow established protocols, SOPs, GLP and Animal Welfare Requirements
- Oversee stocking and inventory of equipment/feed and bedding/general vivarium maintenance supplies
- Ensures that proper scientific procedures are followed in the acquisition of data, and assumes responsibility for test results
- Will have excellent communication skills and spend appropriate amount of their time actively managing staff in the vivarium (`70%).
- Trains/develops subordinates and oversees maintenance of electronic training records.
- In conjunction with management, review processes and metrics to identify areas of improvement
- Promotes high standards of animal welfare and ensures that any veterinary or potential welfare issues are attended to in an expedient and professional manner.
- Provides information to Study Directors and Managers.
- Contributes to the selection, recruitment and appraisal of staff within the team.
- Deputizes for the Manager during his/her absence.
- Performs any other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related science field or relevant experience
- AALAS certification is preferred
- Understanding of technical procedures in a research setting
- 5+ years technical experience with large and/or small animal species (non-human primates, canine, rodents and swine)
- Strong focus on data quality and animal welfare
- Demonstrate ability to use good judgement, assess risks and change management
- Exemplary interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead in a fast paced environment as well as maintain and exhibit personal composure and confidence at all times
Apply on company website