We are currently seeking an experienced Global Data Privacy Attorney for Labcorp's Corporate Compliance Department located at Corporate Headquarters, 531 South Spring Street, Burlington, NC 27215 or our Durham location. This is a full-time attorney position and is benefits eligible.
The Global Data Privacy Attorney will support the Company's global data protection compliance program in international business units and markets separate from the Company's existing HIPAA data privacy and security program.
The Global Data Privacy Attorney will have knowledge and experience with global privacy and data security laws and regulations including international data protection compliance, support tracking and monitoring of global data protection laws, including data transfer requirements and advise the business on any required changes to policies or processes. Collaborates with the Office of Information Security (OIS) for alignment of security and privacy compliance policies, procedures, and investigations. Reviews and advises on contract provisions related to data privacy and security compliance, as well as, assists in the development of privacy training to facilitate and promote privacy awareness across the Labcorp enterprise. Participates in internal and external committees and councils, providing guidance and oversight for various privacy compliance matters.
The Global Data Privacy Attorney will support the Data Protection Officer with respect to compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and GDPR-like laws including Data Privacy Impact Assessment (DPIA) processes, Data Subject Access Requests (DSARs), Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs), and audits by clients, data protection authorities and internal audit teams. Support the day-to-day legal aspects of international privacy and information security investigations, including managing projects and documenting incident response.Education/Qualifications:
License/Certification/Education: A Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an ABA-accredited law school is required.Experience:
Our ideal candidate will have:
- JD. from an ABA accredited law school
- Admission to a U.S. State Bar
- 5 years of overall legal expertise (law firm, in-house or government position)
- Experience with data incident response, cybersecurity, privacy, compliance, and investigations a plus
- Experience with life sciences and pharmaceutical companies
- Ability to prioritize and undertake mission critical tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; experience with cross-cultural communications a plus
- Working knowledge of HIPAA preferred
- Certified privacy professional preferred
- License/Certification/Education: A Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an ABA-accredited law school is required plus 5-7 years of applicable experience.
Apply on company website