As a Drafting and Design Technician you will work in the office, collaborating with engineering staff to draft and design engineering plans for sanitation and pipeline projects, treatment plant facilities, large potable water aqueduct systems, and all other assets and facilities that Sonoma Water owns and operates.
The ideal candidate will have civil engineering, drafting, and design experience; the ability to work from engineers' general sketches to prepare preliminary, final, and profile documents for construction; and possess:
- Knowledge of data formats and experience working with water treatment plant and facilities survey data for use in designing engineering projects
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D software, with an emphasis on drafting pipeline projects using pressure and gravity pipeline design, and the use of Plot Style files (STB)
- Knowledge of land survey mathematics and terminology, and the ability to produce topographic and boundary map documents
Working at the County of Sonoma offers expansive opportunities for growth and development, the ability to be a part of a challenging and rewarding work environment, and the satisfaction of knowing you're working to better our communities. You can also look forward to a competitive total compensation package*, including:
- An annual Staff Development/Wellness Benefit allowance up to $500 and ongoing education/training opportunities
- Competitive vacation and sick leave accruals, 12 paid holidays, and an additional 8 floating holiday hours per year
- County paid premium contribution to several health plan options
- County contribution to a Health Reimbursement Arrangement to help fund post-retirement employee health insurance/benefits
- Retirement fully integrated with Social Security
- May be eligible for up to 8 weeks (320 hours) of Paid Parental Leave after 12 months of County employment
- Eligibility for a salary increase after 1,040 hours (6 months when working full-time) for good work performance
Sonoma Water is a special district formed by the California State Legislature in 1949 and is responsible for providing a safe and reliable water supply to its customers in Sonoma and Marin counties. Sonoma Water also maintains 75 miles of flood control channels and provides sanitation services. Employing approximately 230 employees, Sonoma Water consists of five divisions including Engineering and Resource Planning, Environmental Resources and Public Affairs, Water/Wastewater Operations, Maintenance, and Administrative Services. Sonoma Water supports the concept of environmental sustainability, focusing on renewable power sources, and strives to be a leader in its water conservation and fishery restoration programs.
Please note: Employees of Sonoma Water are employees of a special district and are not subject to the provisions of the Civil Service Ordinance of the County of Sonoma.
The Formal title for this position is Engineering Technician II.
*Salary is negotiable within the established range. Benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice. This employment list may also be used to fill future full-time, part-time, or extra-help positions as they occur during the active status of the list.
Apply on company website