The CBI Application Support Engineer is responsible for the ongoing support, management, and integration of critical financial applications for Cornerstone brands. She/he ensures the applications are functioning properly daily and providing the intended functionality to the business. This includes designing, building and maintaining functionality within the application and the interfaces to other systems. The Application Support Engineer is an expert on how to configure the application to enable new business functionality and troubleshoot any issues that may occur. She/he will work closely with the business users to prioritize, design, test and implement new functionality. The engineer plans, directs, and coordinates technology projects associated with the applications to ensure success, timeliness and ROI.
- Acts as the technology Subject Matter Expert (SME) on critical financial applications for the company. Ensures the applications can successfully perform the required functionality.
- Monitors the software application for issues. Works closely with users, IT teams and vendors to document, analyze and resolve the root cause of problems.
- Maintains SLA, system availability, capacity management, and performance KPI's for the applications.
- Maintains internal system documentation including interfaces, IT procedures, security and processing schedules.
- Works closely with the assigned user community in determining how technology might assist in addressing their needs; translates these needs into system requirements and design specifications.
- Provides 24 X 7 on-call support on a rotational basis to resolve critical system issues.
- Reviews project proposals or plans for application upgrades or changes. Determines time frame, funding limitations, and resources required for various phases of projects. Formulates and defines technical scope, objectives and budget of projects.
- Plans, coordinates, tests, and communicates changes, upgrades/maintenance schedules, and new services with IT teams and users, ensuring business will operate correctly in current and future environments.
- Performs system testing of upgrades and patches supplied by vendors, user setup and other technical setup related activities associated with the application. Ensures project SIT and UAT test plans are thorough, complete, fully executed and approved by the appropriate team.
- Collaborates with IT infrastructure and development teams to ensure proper integration of the application to other systems. Ensures that the interfaces exchange data properly and consistently to support daily operations.
- Develop custom scripts, programs and queries when needed to extend the functionality of the applications. Ensures any in-house development adheres to architectural standards and is compatible with new releases of the applications.
- Works closely with internal and external auditors to ensure appropriate controls and audit logs are in place. Implements system changes or procedures to adhere to any required controls.
- Manages any vendors and/or contractors needed for projects or support activities. Liaise with vendor support on all technical issues.
What you will Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related area
- 3+ years of IT experience managing applications and interfaces
- Experience managing one or more of the following applications: Infor Lawson Financials, ADP Payroll, Kronos time and attendance, and/or Oracle Xstore POS
- Must possess experience implementing 3rd party software packages and working with vendors.
- Programming and SQL skills
- Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills along with demonstrated ability to provide outstanding customer service, be a good listener and work well with a diverse group of customers and IT personnel
- High degree of self-management, confidence, drive and enthusiasm with the ability to handle changing priorities and to use good judgment when working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to diagnose and resolve complex technical and application issues which may involve hardware, software, networking, and/or operator problems
- Knowledge of financial systems preferably Lawson, ADP, Kronos and/or experience supporting MS Dynamics 365 Finance an Operations
- Working knowledge and experience with hardware and peripheral troubleshooting/support, and operating system support
- Experience creating and maintaining interfaces using ETL tools such as Microsoft SSIS or Dell Boomi
Apply on company website