Job Description Details
Organizational leader for day-to-day execution and support of safety programs for Cornerstone Services fulfillment operations. Engage Leadership and team members on daily basis to continue to develop a culture of world class safety. Measure, monitor and improve safe work practices across a 4 building fulfillment network as well as corporate offices, retail, and call center environments.
Who We Are
Contribute successfully and consistently to the overall mission of the distribution center by employing a work ethic consistent with the standards of CSI, striving to achieve positive relations with peers and coworkers, and establishing goals for personal development.
Cornerstone Services offers expertise and corporate support across the four Cornerstone Brands. These shared services include Information Technology, Digital Commerce, Customer Care, and Distribution. Our team members enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun.
- Promote a culture of safety and safe work environment to reduce/prevent accidents and injuries by working in partnership with Leadership.
- Identify unsafe conditions and acts, and propose solutions
- Project manage/facilitate to ensure safety issues are resolved in conjunction with business partners.
- Conduct, lead, or advise/assist departments with accident investigations. Review safety incidents/accidents and notify leadership of results and recommendations.
- Attend daily start up meetings and conduct daily safety walks
- Input, track and analyze accident information; identify trends and key problem areas and communicate to management. Provide daily EHS recap. Update OSHA 300 log weekly, and provide Monthly updates.
- Develop/drive/lead Safety Plans and improvements in partnership with Leadership including prioritization.
- Partner with management and the department level Safety Ambassadors to develop action plans to reduce workplace injuries and incidents and to promote involvement in safety programs.
- Leader of Safety Ambassador program in partnership with Operations Managers
- Develop/implement Safety Culture Assessments.
- Audit Safety Procedures (including PIT training) and address any opportunities in partnership with Leadership and Facilities.
- Be subject matter expert on EHS programs.
- Participate in all annual certifications, registrations, OSHA requirements, and training.
- Fire alarm, severe weather and evacuation drills, preparation and leadership
What You Bring
- Minimum of 2-3 years of work experience in field of Health and Safety Working knowledge of Federal and State safety and health regulations, as well as local ordinances for safety and health
- Demonstrated experience in leading, motivating and coaching
- Strong planning, problem solving, project management and troubleshooting skills
- Individual must be highly collaborative and demonstrated positive results in leading others who are not direct reports
- Associates degree in Safety Science, or demonstrated equivalent business experience a plus
- OSHA General Industry 10 and 30 hour certification, OSHA Outreach Trainer
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website