Job Description Details
Maintenance Technician (3rd Shift)
10:00 PM – 5:30 AM Monday through Thursday
8:00 PM Sunday – 5:30 AM Monday
Ensure success of Cornerstone Shared Services, LLC operations through the maintenance of all material handling equipment, facility structure and mechanical systems.
- Support and perform planned and unplanned repairs, and preventive and predictive maintenance for conveyors, sorter equipment and all other production related equipment.
- Troubleshoot conveyor, automation and sortation system controls and adjust/calibrate or repair as needed.
- Address production-related issues and make necessary corrections to maximize equipment throughput.
- Support 3rd shift high bay crane operation by performing repairs on aisles and aisle hardware as needed. Also perform crane maintenance functions to safely lower disabled cranes in aisles and remove disabled cranes from the aisles.
- Perform all necessary documentation of work performed in a neat, accurate, complete and timely manner using established processes (manual and/or CMMS)
- Attend on-site and off-site technical training as required.
- Perform other cross functional duties as assigned to ensure timely maintenance of equipment and the facility. Other duties may include but not be limited to performing building repairs such as plumbing, electrical and lighting, and other project work.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
What You Bring:
- High School graduate or equivalent; Industrial mechanic trade school courses or certification (i.e., electrical, controls, etc.) or equivalent military technical training.
- 2-4 years' experience with mechanical and electrical systems including conveyor/sortation systems or similar equipment, in a fast-paced production environment.
- Knowledge/experience in industrial building maintenance including electrical, plumbing, mechanical and general carpentry.
- Ability to follow company safety policies and perform duties in a safe manner.
- Ability to work at heights up to 72 feet (with fall protection) in scissor lifts, boom lifts and work platforms.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in hot and cold weather conditions (snow removal, HVAC, etc.)
- Ability to wear required PPE as needed (gloves, glasses, face shields, safety shoes/boots)
- Ability to work flexible hours, overtime and weekends as needed to ensure coverage for facility operations.
- Ability to handle occasional “on-call” responsibilities.
- Professional and acceptable communication skills, both oral and written.
- Sufficient mobility to access all areas of the building including roofs, and ability to stand for long periods of time; walking, climbing, kneeling and squatting as needed.
- Must have a valid driver's license and meet company requirements to operate company vehicles.
- Ability to weld and perform metal fabrication considered a strong plus.
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website