At CoreCivic we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Cook I, Community Corrections who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in a residential setting.
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services and residential and non-residential transition centers. We provide effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, CoreCivic operates more than 70 security facilities nationwide and over 50 community residential and non- residential centers. Our employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism, and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Cook I, Community Corrections prepares approved menu meals for the resident population and staff. Follows proper food handling procedures to ensure compliance with processes, food preparation methods and sanitary standards.
- Review menu cycle for break out, prepares food according to menus and serves meals at designated meal times.
- Assist and/or direct the serving of meals in accordance with dining schedule and within compliance standards to include portion control, temperature and proper serving procedures.
- Review temperature logs for food, refrigeration and freezer. Reports relevant information of potential unsanitary conditions to supervisory staff.
- Ensure cleanliness of the kitchen after each meal preparation, to include all refuse is disposed of promptly, using appropriate containers.
- Conduct inspections of equipment and work area, to include kitchen, storeroom, pantry, service and dining areas, for maintenance and compliance with applicable policies, procedures, rules, standards and/or health, sanitation and safety laws. Report results of inspections as required.
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required.
- One year of related cooking or food preparation experience is required.
- Additional culinary education may be substituted for the experience requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Must possess current Food Handler Certification (FHC).
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Apply on company website