- Supervises and coordinates daily activities of workers engaged in materials movement or handling, receiving, loading,
- unloading, transporting, stacking, order filling, shipping, and maintaining stock in the warehouse.
- Reviews shipping or receiving orders and requests for movement of materials and products.
- Develops work schedules and assigns work to subordinates.
- Jobs supervised include storing items in bins, on floors, or on shelves in warehouse for removal, marking or tagging articles for identification purposes, maintaining records of inventory, filling orders, issuing materials to office or production areas and submitting requisitions for replacement stock.
- Assists with design and implementation of work methods and operational procedures for activities, such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current.
- Inspects physical condition of warehouse and equipment, prepares work order for repairs, and requisitions for replacement of equipment.
- Reviews work processes, recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product or service and suggests changes in working conditions to increase efficiency.
- Supervises salvage of damaged or used material.
- Keeps accurate records and prepares and submits required paperwork.
- Screens and provides input on hiring warehouse personnel.
- May train, evaluate employee performance, and recommend or initiate promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action.
- Distribution Center Experience 3+ years required
- 3+ years leadership experience in roles of increasing responsibility preferred
- Associates Degree preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must be able to work in extreme hot and cold conditions throughout day (30° F to 110° F)
- Must be able to stand, kneel, bend and lift regularly over the course on the shift
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs. repetitively
Conn's established in 1890 is a specialty retailer with approximately 4,500 employees and currently operating 130 retail locations in Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia. The Company's primary product categories include:
- Furniture and mattress, including furniture and related accessories for the living room, dining room and bedroom, as well as both traditional and specialty mattresses;
- Home appliances, including refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers and ranges;
- Consumer electronics, including LED, OLED, QLED, 4K Ultra HD, and smart televisions, gaming products and home theater and portable audio equipment; and
- Home office, including computers, printers and accessories.
Additionally, Conn's offers a variety of products on a seasonal basis. Unlike many of its competitors, Conn's provides flexible in-house credit options for its customers in addition to third-party financing programs and third-party lease-to-own payment plans. Our mission is to make it possible for everyone to purchase quality, long lasting products for their home.
Conn's HomePlus is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website