Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At HCA Florida Kendall Hospital we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) RN Labor and Delivery and access programs to assist with every stage of your career. Up to $20,000 Sign-on bonus!Benefits
HCA Florida Kendall Hospital offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our RN Labor and Delivery opening and continue to learn!Job Summary and Qualifications
Registered Nurse (RN) Labor & Delivery
As a Labor & Delivery Department Registered Nurse (RN), you will work to provide patient care for expectant (pregnant) patients and their baby (ies). This could be when the Mother is delivering or if there are any complications prior to delivery. Following the birth, you will extend care to the newborn and mother's needs.
Tasks and responsibilities, you will:
- Assess, plan and evaluate patient care needs.
- Prioritize patient care based on acuity level and available resources.
- Assist physician during examination, treatment and procedures.
- Administer medications, including epidurals, and assist physicians or midwives with the actual birth delivery.
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition, as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation system.
- Provide age and culturally appropriate care.
FL RN Licensure or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
ACLS and NRP within 3 months of hire. STABLE and Electronic Fetal Monitoring within 180 days of hire
1-3 years experience
Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Kendall Hospital is located in west Miami-Dade County. Our acute care facility has 417-beds. Our services include trauma, burn, surgical, womens and childrens services, behavioral health and diagnostic services. We have two full service free-standing ER facilities. HCA Florida Kendall Hospital has received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Overall Clinical Excellence from HealthGrades. This national recognition places us in the top 5% of hospitals for overall clinical quality. We are a Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center certified by the Florida Department of Health. We are verified as a Level I Adult Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons. The hospital is certified by the Joint Commission as a Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center. We are one of five American Burn Association's verified Burn Centers in the state. With six ACGME accredited Graduate Medical Education programs, we strive to be a leading community-based research hospital. Join our team at HCA Florida Kendall Hospital and experience a dynamic career. One that rewards clinical professionals for their commitment, provides growth opportunities. We encourage you to enjoy a healthy lifestyle outside of work in a diverse and friendly community.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the Worlds Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA He... Please click HERE to view full job description.
Apply on company website