DescriptionRegistered Nurse Medical / Surgical Unit PRN(0.001FTE) Lawnwood Regional Medical Center Fort Pierce, FL Facility Description:
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast providing interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include adult and pediatric emergency services, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, as well as inpatient and outpatient surgical services.
Lawnwood is designated by the Joint Commission as a Certified Primary Stroke Center. The Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited and we are designated a Level II Trauma Center by the Florida Department of Health and verified by the American College of Surgeons. We also offer a freestanding ER in Vero Beach providing emergency treatment for adults and children closer to home. Additionally Lawnwood offers the areas only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). At Lawnwood patients come first no matter what! We invite you to work in a fast-paced environment with a team of top healthcare professionals while enjoying a culturally vibrant, yet laid-back quality of life centered on Treasure Coast beaches, boating, fishing, community and the outdoors.Position Description: The Medical Surgical RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs
- Carries out physician orders
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems
- Instructs and educates patients and families
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida, or
- Recognized compact licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provision)
- Graduate from a professional accredited school of nursing preferred
- Current BLS & ACLS Certifications (American Heart Association or American Red Cross)
- One year ofAcute CareNursing experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Basic computer knowledge
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Apply on company website